Vortex not launching Oblivion (Steam)

Razputin53

So I've used Vortex previously, and have gotten it to run 80+ mods for Fallout 4 no problem, but I can't seem to get it to work for Oblivion.

I've set it to manage Oblivion, and set the staging folder and deployment method:

The mods also seem to download and install properly, but when I click to launch Oblivion via Vortex I get:

@Razputin53: Here are a few questions to help me better understand your situation. Can you exit Vortex and then independently launch Oblivion? Is the error notice generated by Steam or by Vortex? Are you using OBSE? If so, in your tools menu did you point OBSE to "obse_loader.exe" rather than to "Oblivion.exe?" If you pointed to the OBSE loader, then you will get an error. Finally, is your mod staging folder on the same disk partition as your game?

1) Launching Oblivion from Steam itself works just fine. So the error is Vortex.
2) I haven't got to OBSE yet, I'm just trying to get Vortex to run the game itself.
3) Yes, the mod folder for VortexOblivion is on the same disk as the game file.

Edited by Razputin53

Make sure that Steam is running before you start the game. And also you might have to start the launcher, not the game executable itself. I'm not 100% sure about Oblivion, but some Bethesda games won't execute if started directly.

The problem is definitely NOT Vortex. You'll get the same error if you try to execute that file manually.

@Razputin53: Have you tried to start Oblivion through the launcher rather than the game executable? Grestorn may be right about starting through the launcher. If that's the case, then the launcher probably has to be run only once at the initial startup of the game, and it's probably automatically run when you push "Play" in the game startup menu. Although I do have Oblivion installed on my computer (and managed by OBMM), I installed it five years ago (yes, I want a new computer), and I can't remember what occurred in the initial startup. I do know that now I can start the game through its executable without a Steam error.

(Off topic. I've loved Oblivion from the time it first appeared. I can't bear to delete it from my computer.)

@HadToRegister Ok, I added the Oblivion launcher like some have suggested but I get the same error as before.

A side note, on retrying the launcher in the Steam files itself, it loads the launcher screen no problem, but once I press play it gives the same original error.

Edited by Razputin53