Modifications to the rune system.

Cresix96

You can place runes on most anything. Floors, walls, ceilings, campfires, doors, chests, oil urns, fences, chairs, etc...
But you can't place runes on dropped items or living entities! This is something I'd like fixed, if anyone wouldn't mind. Examples being dropping an ingot, placing a rune on it, and throwing it at an enemy(Being less convenient than just placing it under the enemy, but more fun!) and summoning a minion or resurrecting the dead and turning them into suicide bombers.

The version of my SE spell pack mod that I'm releasing later this week has a spell that essentially have suicide bombers, essentially it spawns in several mini spiders that explode after so many seconds.

Based on the engine you can't really place a "rune" on a target, but you can tag them with a magic effect, and example I made a spell that infects a target with a disease based spell, who becomes infectious, and spreads it to nearby actors as well (using a cloak to apply the scripted effect).

You can also attach scripts to objects as well so that an effect happens whether a sweetroll explodes when consumed, or a summonable floating turrets starts zapping nearby targets with electricity or.other effects.

So essentially you can probably find a way to get what you want via workarounds, despite how the game limits runes on actors and such.