Bodyslide Morph sliders don't show up in RaceMenu

KinnaC

Hi guys, i never thought i wouldn't be able to get it to work, but i can't, so i sure could use some help.

I am trying to get the CBBE Bodyslide Morph sliders to show up in game, with RaceMenu (showracemenu).

I haven't been succesful so far. All i get is the standard RaceMenu mod screen.

I went over the routine a few times now with all the relevant mods, download, install, start a new game, experience disappointment, uninstall, remove, download .. etc.

Read all the instructions of the mods, especially the one that has become sort of a mantra:

1. Update to the latest version of CBBE, BodySlide, SKSE and RaceMenu. XPMSE is not required unless you're using HDT. Make sure you are using the Skyrim BodySlide, and not the FO4/SSE versions.

2. Open BodySlide, select the body, select/create your preset, check the Build Morphs box, and either Build or Batch Build the meshes.

3. Activate the RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp.

4. Play. You should have the morphs tab in RaceMenu.

Downloaded and installed latest version of SKSE. I downloaded all the latest versions of the relevant mods from Nexus, using Vortex. I installed everything, making sure to run FNIS after every install. I'm pretty sure i made the right choices during installing the mods (did that 3 times now), e.g. CBBE body with HDT, Morphs in Racemenu, etc. Sorted in Vortex and ran LOOT. Opened up BodySlide and Outfit studio, set it to Curvy HDT, checked the Build Morphs box and clicked Build.

I am using HDT Physics Extensions.

What i don't have, is CBBE. I've been told CBBE is no longer required as the bodies are included in BodySlide and Outfit studio.

(On a side note, of course i also tried the same build with CBBE installed, but that seemed to cause problems with the physics, and still no morph sliders in RaceMenu).

So, all of this works flawlessly. In game i have:

- a curvy body, as set in external Bodyslide and Outfit studio

- Mature Skin textures

- Bouncing BnB

Except that the CBBE morph sliders are not present when i open RaceMenu in game.

I am "at the end of my Latin", i must be overlooking something, but what?!

Load order:

0 0 Skyrim.esm

1 1 Update.esm

2 2 Dawnguard.esm

3 3 HearthFires.esm

4 4 Dragonborn.esm

5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

6 6 HighResTexturePack01.esp

7 7 HighResTexturePack02.esp

8 8 HighResTexturePack03.esp

9 9 Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

10 a RealisticWaterTwo.esp

11 b SMIM-Merged-All.esp

12 c RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp

13 d Run For Your Lives.esp

14 e LeafRest OnePiece.esp

15 f RiverWoodFlowering1.0.esp

16 10 Myrgiol-Follower.esp

17 11 Lofen-Follower.esp

18 12 SFO - Dragonborn.esp

19 13 When Vampires Attack.esp

20 14 RaceMenu.esp

21 15 RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp (not enabled, it's optional according to the creator)

22 16 FNIS.esp

23 17 XPMSE.esp

I apologize for posting this in the wrong chapter of the forum. Only after posting i noticed the mod support chapter but i don't know how to move the post there.

Edited by KinnaC

I seen one a long time ago that did that. idk ... but, I use the same set up as you are and I just use the

bodyslide as a stand alone program from outside the game and use the racemenu from inside the game.

I think that's apart of the studio package. I couldn't get that to work right or didn't like it. I forget was so long ago.

So, now I do it the way I stated. Works perfectly ... Mine is:

RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp

And I also have a file in the Data\skse\Plugins\ folder named:

showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller.dll

May not be what you asked but it will get you rolling again :smile:

Edited by NexusComa

Thanks for your reply. And i agree, as much as i like to be able to mod the PC body with the CBBE sliders in game, if i can't find a solution i have to find a way around. I am using BodySlide to do that.

The drawback is that every female in game will have the body created in external BodySlide and Outfit Studio, not just my PC. So the next thing for me would be to find out how to mod only the PC's body in external BodySlide and Outfit Studio. So much to learn, so little time :-)

I don't think i need the files you mentioned for the CBBE body sliders to show up in RaceMenu.

Like RaceMenuPlugin.esp, RaceMenuOverlays.esp is an optional file to RaceMenu, it adds body tattoos and nail paint.

And showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller.dll is supposed to keep the game from CTD when starting showRaceMenu.

I don't experience CTD's when starting RaceMenu. Racemenu seems to work fine, KS Hairdos HDT shows up nicely, it's just that these CBBE bodysliders are missing.

• 1 month later...

The drawback is that every female in game will have the body created in external BodySlide and Outfit Studio, not just my PC. So the next thing for me would be to find out how to mod only the PC's body in external BodySlide and Outfit Studio. So much to learn, so little time :-)
>> This is exacly the experience I have in game except using the uunp body via Bodyslide not CBBE. As far as mods go, I have it all, bnb bounce, physics and all the mods I have added work like a dream, FINIS movement, horses anims, adult body, SLab and other game effects mods and the game runs superb on ulta settings BUT still cannot get racemenu sliders to appear using the 'showracemenu' command... unable to alter av in game...I also have same problem in that in adult situations every female involved has the exact (distinctive) body shape as my own AV whereas what I really want is to have them all with individually different bodies not clones of me...
still don't know how to achieve these two aims...

• 2 months later...

It's true for Skyrim SE, but maybe it works with Skyrim LE.

The Body-Sliders in Racemenu work for me as follows
1.) Install "Bodyslide" with "Bodymorphs"
2.) Open "Bodyslide"
3.) In the upper left under "Outfit/Body", select your "CBBE Body" (Physics, Special or Nevernude, etc.)
4.) In the upper left corner under „Preset“ -Zerosliders- select
5.) Set bottom left hook at "Body Morphs"
6.) Open "Batch Build", click on "Select None" and select below your matching "CBBE Body" (Physics, Nevernude, etc.)
7.) Confirm your selection by clicking on "Build"
In the game I was able to use the body sliders of Racemenu, I hope that I could help.

• 3 months later...

hey, i don't know if the thread is still active given it's been a few months, but i face a problem similar : i just can't see any racemenu morph box. i've reinstalled the mods several times but nothing so is that a different version of bodylide or something? im of course the latest version. if im using the wrong one please give me a link to the correct one or otherwise explain what i get wrong. thanks

• 1 year later...
I started this thread in november 2018. Since then i've never been able to solve the problem. Until recently!

And although it's not very interesting to revive an old thread, i noticed this post has been viewed by over 6600 people. For all those people and others who might experience a similar problem, i'll post what i found out.

In december 2020 i installed SkyUI. I never thought i'd need it but since i have my carryweight set to 99,999 wich makes the life of the Dragonborn so much easier, the sorting system of SkyUI is a big benefit.

On install, SkyUI immediately came up with a warning: "SKSE is not functioning properly". Oh? Trying to solve my problem in 2018 i repeatedly installed and removed SKSE, together with the other parts of the whole custom body/skin/bounce show. Never got any warning of any kind. So this time i only removed SKSE, downloaded it again and installed it et volia, morph sliders in game! :woot:

So if you experience the same problem as i did, install SkyUI and see what it has to say. It might solve your problem. Good luck!