So..... Vortex is basically the worst mod manager?

Lobstasaurus

Yet, it overrides the already functional NMM. Why? What? How? Serious? And these plucks want me to pay for premium?

You joined 3 days ago and your first post was to complain about Vortex without giving any reason why.

If you actually spent some time with it, you'd find it's much more powerful than NMM, but it sounds like you didn't read anything, and instead just installed it, then ruined your game install

:look at you, making your first post and stuff:

Is this a duplicate account?

Yet, it overrides the already functional NMM. Why? What? How? Serious? And these plucks want me to pay for premium?

You joined 3 days ago and your first post was to complain about Vortex without giving any reason why.

lol no. I've used NMM since fo3. Get real. I had to make a new account, since apparently 6 mos inactivity no longer allows you to utilize your account.

Yes, it ruined my game install. Due to issues pertaining to SKSE64.

I could care less about vortex, however, I've installed every mod I intend to use with skyrim se to it. Is there a way to export these mods to NMM, and just use that? I don't need Vortex, as long as I have LOOT and NMM.

Additionally, its ironic that you mention me joining 3 days ago. As that is how long I have been dealing with the Vortex issues whilst trying to mod my game.

At this rate, I'm more inclined to just dump the mods into my data folder, rather than utilize the mod manager as is. At least that way, I can ensure the files are appropriately placed, and exist where they should.

Edited by Lobstasaurus

Essentially, where I'm at right now, is reinstall the entire game, redo SKSE, then manually install 457 mods. After 3 days worth of wasting time utilizing Vortex. How dare I be frustrated, amirite?

So you ignored Nexus saying "If you have a working mod setup, STAY WITH YOUR OLD MOD MANAGER" and went ahead and ruined your install.

ok, enjoy yourself.

Essentially, where I'm at right now, is reinstall the entire game, redo SKSE, then manually install 457 mods. After 3 days worth of wasting time utilizing Vortex. How dare I be frustrated, amirite?

So you ignored Nexus saying "If you have a working mod setup, STAY WITH YOUR OLD MOD MANAGER" and went ahead and ruined your install.

ok, enjoy yourself.

lol i dint have a working mod setup. This was a fresh install of SSE, rather than oldrim. Fresh install, fresh mods, fresh manager.

Enjoy yourself.

Again, allow me to reiterate my question. NMM forces vortex as the mod installation platform, as wells as the mod installation destination. How do I just go back to NMM, which I've used for years now, and mod my game that way? I'm not seeing a way to do so, which is why I'm astoundingly disappointed.