[LE] Nifskope and Collision

Myst42

So, I used NifUtils Suite (Which I had to track down through some links since there is no easy download page) and I managed to accomplish a few things

1.- Suite comes with utilities for easy nif conversion to and from Blender friendly nifs to Skyrim stuff

2.- Somehow I managed to model the effects a bit while still keeping them mobile.

3.- I actually managed to add, and use a collision mesh that is EXACTLY the right size, and add it to the FX mesh using ChunkMerge

Problem:

Camera gets really close to player upon effect use.

It's a minor nuissance since I wanted aesthetics to look better than that... I don't know how to trick collision into letting player camera pass, but at least the effect works as intended now

I leave another question here just in case

Any way to attack a "hazard" (or any object with collision actually) to the player?

For the time being, the spell spawns the magic field, but it stays fixed, and the player is inside. Ideally, the field follows the player, same as a hir art effect. Problem is hit art doesn't have collision. Any script way or somehing perhaps?

Edited by Myst42

• 2 weeks later...

You could potentially use a script to translate the object based on the movement of the player, so that it gets the position of the player, then translates the ref to move with the player by essentially using the coordinates that are recorded when the player moves via an OnUpdate. That said though, I'm not sure how the performance would handle it, but it would be cool nonetheless.