When I was setting up my character for Fallout 76 I could hear a guy talking to a girl discussing setting up his character. :ermm: I could hear the girl he was talking to talking back to him, :huh: I could even hear his fingers tapping on a keyboard, I could hear the theme music playing from his computer. I turned the music off on my computer. Until I sent my character out of the vault I could hear the two of them talking.

When I was passing someone with the speaker Icon over their name I could hear them talking back and forth with their friends. One person was listening to offline music. Another person was talking to them self as in the Role Playing kindred spirit.

I decided to record a video segment to find out if I would hear them talking during the movie clip playback. About twenty seconds. It was then I realized the other players only had to be within sight of my character for me to hear them speaking clearly.

I heard their garbled conversation like I was tuning into a radio station before I saw their character. I hear them and can walk toward them; getting a clearer signal before I see them, before they can see me?

Ooo! Ideas are popping into my head. :geek: Ooo!

Should I post the information at Bethesda community forum?

Er, no- everyone is demanding PUSH-TO-TALK to avoid this potentially disasterous situation (where the game acts as a listening bug in your home when you are unaware others are hearing everything picked up by your microphone). Todd however has stated that master coders are needed to code a mike toggle function- so the 'fix' will be in one of the many 50GB updates (yeah, I know ONLY 16GB for the PC version) that turn up in the next few weeks- just don't hold your breath.

To make this reply relevant to THIS forum- while Beth has literally stated that it is really hard to program a toggle function- the wonderful FREE modding scene for Fallout 4 actually delivered a 3D headphone sound patch for Fallout and Skyrim which works brilliantly. If you haven't tried it, give it a go- it is so much better knowing the exact spacial location of the sounds.

And this is why we love the Nexus. No lame Todd excuses about how one line of code is 'hard' so you must wait weeks and weeks for the fix. And mods that do not have to be multiple gigs in size to add features.

To be dependent on a corporation is a terrible thing. We are here to prove we do not have to be. FO76 is teaching a lot of very hard lessons.