Creation Kit: Super Urgent Problem with Dialogue Subtitles

MynheerPeeperkorn

Hey People, I've got a big problem with all new quest dialogues, which I create in the Creation Kit for Skyrim: Special Edition, ans it's very urgent for me to solve it (I have to finish a mod until a set deadline for private reasons).

All runs fine, but if I choose "force subtitles", the subtitles stills does't appear (exept I activate subtitles at all).

Did anyone can help me? This would be totally great!

Edited by MynheerPeeperkorn

This is a bug, the game option to enable or disable sub titles overwrites the in game command. It is on the bug list:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1421042-the-new-unofficial-creation-kit-bug-list-3/?hl=%2Bforce+%2Bsubtitles

Several threads from way back in 2012 discussed it.

It's a feature. It's used for example for some dragon dialogue during the dragon battles, you will see them in subtitles even if you are far away to hear it

Force Subtitle: If checked, the subtitle for this line will always be displayed, regardless of the player character's distance from the speaker.

If your mod needs to convey something to player in subtitles, perhaps start it with a Debug.MessageBox("Please enable subtitles in the menu, otherwise this mod will not make much sense!") and hope for your audience forgiving this 'ruination of immersion'.