Whenever i enter fallout 3 its really laggy and unplayable

Retr032

Whenever i enter fallout 3 its so laggy and litteraly unplayable also the sound turns off as soon as i click the continue game button.I tried setting the compatibility and it didnt work,also tried fallout 3 stutter mod fix, also didnt work.Thanks for your help in advance

specs:
GPU:GTX 1070 ASUS dual

CPU:i7 7700k

Are you saying you are using two GPUs? If so, FO3 does not run well with two GPUs. You need to disable one of the when running the game.

Did you do the multi-core edit in the Fallout.ini. FO3 does not run well with CPUs that use more than 2 cores.

Is the game installed in the default location. If so, you need to uninstall the game and install it in a location other than "Program Files'"

Are you saying you are using two GPUs? If so, FO3 does not run well with two GPUs. You need to disable one of the when running the game.

Did you do the multi-core edit in the Fallout.ini. FO3 does not run well with CPUs that use more than 2 cores.

Is the game installed in the default location. If so, you need to uninstall the game and install it in a location other than "Program Files'"

No i actually have only one GPU, "dual" is the name of the GPU.If you are talking about the iNumHWThreads=2 in fallout.ini yes i did it.Also the game is installed in a non default location.(D/Games/Fallout3/)

Try this tool and see if it can tell you what the problems is.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

So what you would do is launch this tool , close out any superfluous processes that would just confuse the test.

Then launch fallout 3 in windowed mode ... get in the game , then alt tab to this to see whats spiking the cpu.

And I think you can suspend processes from there , or maybe your task manager.

To then see if the lag clears up. Which if my suspicion is right , you will lose sound in the game.

But then that will point you to how to fix the problem hopefully.

My previous mention of it being an audio codec or codec in general , might not have been correct (all though might be)

With some more recollection I think it was a dll ... but that is just the seems to me method , since I'm not really that well versed on computer mumbo jumbo :geek:

Hope that helps .