Fallout 3 Crashes every 5 minutes of playing

bladedemon886

Hello to anyone that reads this and can help. Just recently tried to create a modded play-through and my game does not seem to want it to happen. I have tried modding Fallout 3 a couple months ago but had the same problem and gave up. This time I am determined to fix it and would appreciate any help. After creating a new save, I can play the game for anywhere between 5-10 and my game will freeze for about 5 seconds and then crash to the desktop with no error messages or anything just like the game closed itself. I am using Fallout Windowed Full-screen and Large Address Enabler in order to prevent crashes but it does not seem to help. Also am using mods like: Fallout Stutter Remover, Unofficial Patch, and Games for Windows Live Disabler. I do not have many mods which makes me worry about it and I have tried using LOOT to sort my load order in the correct way. I have modded Fallout 3 and other games often and this is the most frustrated I have ever been with modding a game :mellow: . I am also going to attach my load order for anyone that sees this and wants to help. I am sorry that this is so long and probably too much to read so I thank someone that could take the time to reply with ANY suggestion they can give me.

Thank you

Edited by bladedemon886

Maybe a longshot, but I have a feeling that the crashes have something to do with FWE or a compatibility patch that has to do with FWE. I feel this way because its weird that I have all of the items added into the game from FWE, but I can't do things like sprint and there is no FWE config in my pipboy.

You mod list is a disaster. Never, ever use LOOT to sort your load list. It does not now nor has it ever sorted FO3 mods correctly. A case in point, compatibility patches must load after the last plugin being patched.

Apparently you don't understand the proper way to use the Blackened patch. It will only work with the Paradox Ignition merged Mart's Mutant Mod. Be sure you understand the correct way to use the merged file.

The FWE plugins should be in the same order as the base game and you should be using only one Restore Tracers, not both.

You do not mention using FOSE, it is a requirement for FWE. It will also disable GFWL, making the GFWL plugin redundant.

Wow I did not realize a lot of this so thank you I will give it a shot. Wasn't aware that LOOT wasn't the optimal sorting plugin nor did I know about the blackened patch. Thanks for cutting the s#*! too btw :laugh: . I am using FOSE though I should have mentioned that thought it was just kind of a given.

Again thank you very much ill reply to this if something is still wrong after the fixes

As an update, I did everything i was told to do by M48A5, and I still experience the crashes but I seem to be able to play for longer and all my mods now seem to work as they should. I can now play for up to 10-15 minutes and I'm wondering if it has to do with the ram with the game but I am no sure. Like I said, I am using the Large Address Enabler to give Fallout 3 >2gb. Here is the updated load order for my mods now. Thank you to all who have helped/are willing to help I very much appreciate it

Edited by bladedemon886

You don't seem to understand how to use the Paradox Ignition merged version of MMM. You are to install MMM, then install the Paradox Ignition version of MMM and disable and remove all the MMM .esp files.

If you have your game installed in the default "Program Files" location, you will continue to have problems. There are instructions on Steam on how to move the game files.

If you are using a CPU with more than 2 cores, you will have to edit the Fallout3 .ini file located in Users\ "name"\Documents\My Games\Fallout3. Edit only the Fallout3.ini, not the prefs.ini nor the default.ini.

Please see the wiki articles that are here: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Fallout_3 for further guidance in modding the game.