New Vegas G.E.C.K. worldspace issues

EshamTheUnholy

In the world LOD window, a custom worldspace I created contains a staggering 455304 terrain chunks , Something just tells me this isn't normal judging by the amount of chunks in "WastelandNV" (1360). Despite my map only being the size of only a fraction of the base game world.

EDIT:

I've noticed that the issue most likely stems from the use of individual static world objects and the neglect to create static collections of these objects to improve performance and reduce unnecessary terrain chunk counts.

As a whole, I've come across numerous issues while worldspace building and I fail to find specific answers for each one, I believe I need someone who is experienced with worldspace building to answer my questions.

Yeah, that doesn't seem normal. I don't usually pay attention to how many terrain chunks I generate, but I checked a worldspace that I recently created and it had 336 terrain chunks. How exactly did you create your worldspace LOD? Did you change the land mesh detail slider before generating the terrain meshes? I always leave it all the way over on the left.

I generally don't use static collections. I don't think the use of static objects and no SCOLs would explain your extremely high terrain chunk count. I have a lot of static objects in my worldspace and I'm not getting that high of a terrain chunk count.

Unfortunately, worldspace creation isn't well understood by a lot of folks, and the tutorials that are out there are often incomplete or incorrect. If I ever get the time to do it, I would like to create a proper tutorial on how all of this goes together. I have had to struggle for a long time, cobbling bits and pieces together from numerous sources, and also a lot of trial and error, just to get to the point of what I know now. The fact that worldspace creation gets you into the buggiest parts of the GECK doesn't help either.