Fallout New Vegas Memory/Texture Issues

RobinHood2005

I thought there was a 'fix' for the black textures at one point? Seems to me, that was some variety of engine bug? Been a while, so, I may be remembering wrong.....

Edit: Ok, after doing some checking around, seems it was a driver issue with Nvidia cards? One guy fixed it by rolling back his driver. Of course, that was two years ago.... so, I suspect you might have to roll back quite a ways.... and that would likely cause other fun issues.

Yeah, I tried doing that before. As you can imagine, it didn't work. I could only roll back once, as well, as the button became greyed out after rolling back the first time.

What version of NMM are you using?

0.65.5. I downloaded it from Github due to a bug I was having with another version of NMM when installing and activating mods.

EDIT: There seems to be a new version on Github available. I'll install it and see what happens.

UPDATE: Didn't work. Various textures (especially roads, plants and carpets) still go black or temporarily transparent.

Edited by RobinHood2005

How many of them are texture mods? I noticed that a fair few of the folks talking about black textures also stated the game was running out of VRAM. Since the games is 32bit..... it takes a patch to get it to use 4gb. And even then, it won't really ever use the full 4. I don't know if vram is included in that total either.....

0.65.5. I downloaded it from Github due to a bug I was having with another version of NMM when installing and activating mods.

EDIT: There seems to be a new version on Github available. I'll install it and see what happens.

UPDATE: Didn't work. Various textures (especially roads, plants and carpets) still go black or temporarily transparent.

Ah, yea, I remember you in the Vortex forums.

Anyway, NMM has problems with large mods with many files, and you're using an old version of it, which is why you're having problems.

But you go on and enjoy NMM.

Have fun!

Ah, yea, I remember you in the Vortex forums.

Anyway, NMM has problems with large mods with many files, and you're using an old version of it, which is why you're having problems.

But you go on and enjoy NMM.

Have fun!

Yeah, NMM isn't exactly known for its amazing performance, stability and efficiency now isn't it? :/

The only reason I really use it any more is because it is the most common of all of the available mod managers (correct me if I'm wrong) and so it is easier to get technical support advice, as opposed to Vortex, which is virtually new and isn't used as much as the others.

Not to mention the fact that I find it easier to use, and, of course, Gopher uses it in his mod installation/troubleshooting guides, so I have very little options if I want to mod my games well, since I myself am relatively new to modding and PC gaming in general.

But yeah, thanks. I'll try to have fun XD