Nuka-Cola Industry Mod

AlekzanderLeibhart

Disclaimer:

I haven't thought a lot about this mod. Just kinda disappointed me when I did a little digging and didn't find a mod about it. Not sure if someone else has thought about this yet, but here it is again if someone has.

Introduction:

Hey, so this is a mod I've been wanting for a while. After I played Fallout: New Vegas and ran into the Gun Runners and saw how they operated, I thought "What if Fallout introduced a DLC or system like that where you could produce your own items and sell them to the public on a mass scale?" Now, I have been wanting this for a long time and have only recently discovered this forum, so here I am. This mod should add the ability for the user to create their own production lines for Nuka-Cola (and other foods I guess), weapons, ammunition, and clothing. The Industrial DLC that Bethesda released has touched on this a little bit, but as far as I know, you can only use it for settlements and that's extremely disappointing.

TL;DR:

This mod should be about creating a business around manufacturing and distributing nuka-cola and nuka-cola products around the wasteland using the industrial DLC or some other platform that's easy to use. This shouldn't be too difficult for the user and should be fairly user-friendly.

More in-depth overview:

The first and most important part of this mod would be the nuka world DLC requirement as it adds the ability to get different recipes for different nuka-cola recipes, as well as the nuka-cola bottling plant.

Maybe, if the creator of the mod would want, have alternate mods for DLC and non-DLC users.

The user would first have to acquire the Nuka-Cola bottling plant. Then somewhere in the plant would be a holo-tape of some guy who wanted to go out on his own and make his own nuka-cola plant after the bombs fell, but he hella dead so now it's up to you to do it. You could use the original nuka-cola bottling plant or go out and make your own somehow (leave this up to the creator of the mod).

Maybe use this for other different kinds of business opportunities.

You could expand your production from there into the world of guns and ammunition with perks or discovering them in the wasteland.

Buying & Selling:

The supply and demand portion of the mod would be kinda unrealistic, seeing as how the wasteland is littered with weapons already. However, if the player were to manufacture superior weaponry like the Gun Runners in F:NV, then the demand would be apparent. Nuka-Cola would just be a base business. Kinda like the lemonade stand in Adventure Capitalist.

Like any mass-producing system, there will be a need for supplies. My idea for this would be to have settlements supply your factories with supplies through having settlers scavenge or create "Mines" for materials. There will definitely be a large investment in these factories, but the return will be large.

You won't have to sell to individuals, but to cities like Diamond City and Goodneighbor. The mod creator could create a type of communication stand that would allow the player to establish trade relations to these cities and supply traders in the cities with your goods. The traders will have different "trade relationships" for the player depending on how successful the player's factory is.

Open to more ideas:

I know there's a lot more that could be added onto a mod so incredibly vast as this one (and this one will certainly be huge, maybe about the size of Sim Settlements) considering it could also be a really intriguing DLC as well. If Bethesda would take the time to implement this into the Industrial DLC, I'd not hesitate to buy that DLC.

Here's the f*#@in DLC I was talking about the whole time and I think it's a decent place to start: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Contraptions_Workshop

Thanks for reading!

Edited by AlekzanderLeibhart