Crash whenever going back to Skyrim's vanilla world

Dyrekti0n

It's the second time it happened, the first time I just reloaded an earlier save file, now I can't do that, too much progress. Somebody told me to manually save the game and avoid quicksaving but I just can't do that, they're features of the game and they shouldn't corrupt stuff.

Here's my load order https://pastebin.com/YJQWsp3b

I tried disabling all mods and loading a save but it just flat-out says it's corrupted and it can't load it. I'm currently doomed in Castle Volkihar's Soul Cairn gate, unable to load the main vanilla map and exit through the balcony without a CTD.

your load order is a complete mess

1) this is wrong

5 5 cceejsse001-hstead.esm
6 6 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

7 7 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

It specifically states on the description page that NO mods should load before the unofficial patch except for vanilla files ( this includes any ESL files from Creation CLub )

2) I see you are using Helgen Reborn - I'll assume you used this to make your character ( Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp ) - so what's wrong with this setup? ASLAL should be the last mod loaded UNLESS another mod specifically states it needs to load last instead

3) Last and MOST IMPORTANTLY, you can not use that many mods with out a bashed patch from WRYE, that by itself will cause you to crash more than anything else

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2235394-beginners-guide-to-modding/

Somebody told me to manually save the game and avoid quicksaving but I just can't do that, they're features of the game and they shouldn't corrupt stuff.

Quick saves and auto saves are the absolute worst way to save your game when it comes to any Skyrim or Fallout game and I will tell you EXACTLY why - When you do a hard manual save by going into the options by pressing ESC the game pauses, which means any scripts running also pause. When you quick save or auto save, there is no pause therefore the script can become corrupted or broken, VERY easily. Broken or corrupted scripts are among the top 3 reasons why saves or play through's become no longer usable. Truth of the matter is just because "they're features of the game and they shouldn't corrupt stuff." this is SO not true lol

Edited by gromulos