Fallout 76 gear in Fallout 4?

turkman35

Hello nexus community,

My request is more like a question; Would it be illegal to take stuff such as armor and weapon model, animations sounds and textures thats in fallout 76 to port in on 4 and upload it on nexus even if you credit Bethesda? If its not illegal why it has not yet have been made? I mean it seems like 76 is an open source game. Wouldn't it be awesome to spray muties with mg42? or gun down raiders with 10mm, which by the way made excellently. Also one last question, if its illegal would bethesda accept it or at least "look the otherway" if you ask them that "can we do this?" Seeing as fallout 76 will crash harder than bitcoin did, i wouldn't want all of that stuff to go to waste, people are still playing and modding fallout 4. but i can't see a future like that for 76, unless they make huge changes to it which i highly doubt it will ever happen. It seems to me that 'the game was rigged from the start' for one purpose, we all know what it is...

What will likely happen is that modders will make theirown gear closely based on 76 items.

An excellent example would be Boston Natural Surroundings.

Likewise, the nicer things like blackberries and such will almost certainly get re-invented and at least semi-plausibly inserted as new Fallout 4 mods.

I would never expect mod ports like that on the Nexus, because, illegal. But is there any reason to think they wouldn't show up somewhere like GUN??

I think there was something going around like the Nifskope dev made his program work with FO76 but refuses to release the update until he gets a better reason for doing so than "I wanna port the weapons/armor". Until then, I don't think much porting can be done unless someone develops their own away around it.