Game crashed, now is super super laggy,

NerosGraphics

i read back your posts, when you turned those mods from orange to green, it fixed the script problem, i'd really like to know which mods they were for future reference please

well, I'd love to tell you but I can't recall exactly which ones.

unfortunately the problem is back. earlier today I was fiddling about with a few mods, and in doing so somehow managed to get half of my mods to vanish from WRYE. after reinstalling them all, fixing the load order etc etc the game launches fine but the original problem is back.

Saves are purple, mods are green.. I've tried making 7 new saves.. still the same issue.. the game itself just seems to be running improperly.

ok let's go back to what I suggested

try making a new game with all the mods loaded and see if it lags still

if it does, then it's most likely a mod conflict, if it doesn't then it's most likely a broken, corrupted, or faulty script ( a script not written correctly )

ok let's go back to what I suggested

try making a new game with all the mods loaded and see if it lags still

if it does, then it's most likely a mod conflict, if it doesn't then it's most likely a broken, corrupted, or faulty script ( a script not written correctly )

okay all (aka anyone still interested for whatever reason).. I have FINALLY found the solution.. fullscreen.

That was it. the entire time.

I made a new playthrough yesterday. just decided to bite the bullet. reinstalled skyrim on a new SSD, removed my mod archives.. clean wipe. installed my favorite mods, made sure not to add new ones/remove old ones.. aaaand about 8 hours in BOOM. same issue.

This happened after a PC restart, which has been the exact thing to start it in the past. At this point I was determined to find the cause, I knew it wasn't my mods, everything was perfect.. I decided to run it in windowed mode and lo and behold, it worked. After some more research into the problem (something I was convinced no one else on the internet had) I found that a bunch of people, people not even running mods, were having the same issue.

I just can't believe that was what was causing my game to stutter and lag so badly.. I feel so dumb. So heartbroken that I lost 2 good saves to this problem for no good reason.

AND I had to bug all you lovely folks in the WRONG section of the forums as well.. I'll keep you posted if you're still interested