Export a list of mods and/or plugins?

jemacdonald

I don't know if this has been asked before and, if so, I apologize for asking again. Is there any was to export a list of mods and/or plugins to a text file as there was in NMM? I like to periodically export a list so I can refer back to it if I lose something or have a catastrophic crash. If Vortex doesn't currently have this feature available would it be possible to incorporate it in a future release?

I don't know if this has been asked before and, if so, I apologize for asking again. Is there any was to export a list of mods and/or plugins to a text file as there was in NMM? I like to periodically export a list so I can refer back to it if I lose something or have a catastrophic crash. If Vortex doesn't currently have this feature available would it be possible to incorporate it in a future release?

Currently there is no such feature in Vortex, as far as I can tell. And yes, it would be a very nice feature to have. In the meantime, if you have not already done so, you can manually accomplish this by going into each of your game profiles in the Vortex AppData folder. You can copy the load order and plugin texts found there and save them to another location.

• 9 months later...

Um, I thought I left a post here? Maybe not.

I also hope such a feature will be added to Vortex. Currently, people suggest using LOOT to create a plugin list. Well, LOOT is an integrated part of Vortex, isn't it? But there's not export plugin list option in Vortex.

If anyone knows a way to export a plugin list using Vortex, please let me know.

Interestingly, Nexus Mod Manager has an export plugin list feature.

Um, I thought I left a post here? Maybe not.

I also hope such a feature will be added to Vortex. Currently, people suggest using LOOT to create a plugin list. Well, LOOT is an integrated part of Vortex, isn't it? But there's not export plugin list option in Vortex.

If anyone knows a way to export a plugin list using Vortex, please let me know.

Interestingly, Nexus Mod Manager has an export plugin list feature.

In the absence of an export feature, simply copy the lists, as I explained in my post of 27 November 2018. It's not all that hard to do.

At one point someone gave instructions how to use a command prompt to list out the contents of a folder that could be saved as text. Unfortunately, I forget who and now can't find that post.

At one point someone gave instructions how to use a command prompt to list out the contents of a folder that could be saved as text. Unfortunately, I forget who and now can't find that post.

Well it was me...

Navigate to the mods staging folder for the game of interest.
Open a cmd window. (in my case it is Shift RMB and open Powershell. Then cmd.)
Enter "dir . /b > mods.txt"
This will give you a text file of mod names. No extraneous information.
It should import directly into a spreadsheet.
When done, remove that file you created mods.txt. Cleanliness is next to godliness.

Well it was me...

Navigate to the mods staging folder for the game of interest.
Open a cmd window. (in my case it is Shift RMB and open Powershell. Then cmd.)
Enter "dir . /b > mods.txt"
This will give you a text file of mod names. No extraneous information.
It should import directly into a spreadsheet.
When done, remove that file you created mods.txt. Cleanliness is next to godliness.

This actuallly didn't work for me. I had to modify the command to "dir > mods.txt".