Niche Topic: OpenVPN Obfuscation

I'm not exactly sure in regards to how accurate this title is, since VPNs are becoming more popular by the day, and I know that it doesn't exactly tie into gaming as such. However, this is a topic that I find to be worth exploring and would like to find more about.

As the title suggests, I am wondering how connection obfuscation (whether through OpenVPN, TOR or likewise) works. I know that it has something to do with deep packet scanning or something along those lines and preventing the host website from blocking the IP that you are using to connect (or so I am inclined to think, please correct me if I'm wrong).

So, my questions are the following:

-How does it work?

-Does it really work?

-Is it recommended?

-Does it carry any negatives effects in terms of privacy and security?

Thanks guys.

Basically, its very similar to just using a proxy server to surf the web, difference being, the connection between you and the proxy is encrypted. Downside is, it slows your connection.

If you don't have a real need for that tight of security, then there really is no need for it.

Basically, its very similar to just using a proxy server to surf the web, difference being, the connection between you and the proxy is encrypted. Downside is, it slows your connection.

If you don't have a real need for that tight of security, then there really is no need for it.

Oh, alright. So does it help at all to prevent sites that recognize and block VPN servers from doing so? (E.g. 4Chan, etc.)

Oh, alright. So does it help at all to prevent sites that recognize and block VPN servers from doing so? (E.g. 4Chan, etc.)

No, because you would be using a VPN server......