Game doesn't launch (using frosty mod manager)

Lancelot34

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It used to be working fine, but all of a sudden the game refuses to launch through FMM. It was working fine ~an hour ago (as of posting this) and now, even when I uninstalled all my mods, it doesn't start the game.

I have the exact same problem right now. Can't launch the game through FMM anymore - it worked fine only two hours ago! It just takes me to my Origin library right now when I press "launch" but it doesn't actually open the game.

EDIT: What I already tried: Uninstall and deleting all frosty files, installing everything again, deleting ModData Folder, run all applications as Admin, repairing game files, reinstalling Origin.

The game works fine if I open it via Steam or Origins. Its just launching through Frosty that isn't working.

Edited by Kisuwastaken

Yup, exactly same thing here. I bought the game just a week ago, have played it quite a bit since then, and suddenly today it no longer works via FrostyMod.

This is a deal breaker for me, I'm not going to sit through the looting animation every time my guy takes something.

What I did personally was run the now-defunct DAITools Suite Loader - Mod Manager, and I merged my preferred mod with the game directly:

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/693?tab=description

It appears to be working and now I don't have to use a mod manager at all, I can just launch the game executable. The tool hasn't been updated since 2015, but I don't really see why that would be a problem in this case. Give it a shot.

e: just remember not to re-validate your files either on Steam or on Origins.

e2: I think it worked because the animation-disabling mod is old as well, I'm not sure this works with newer mods.

Edited by Phlegmish

Same here. Tried to boot up the game, got a notification for an Origin update. Now frosty won't launch the game, it just takes me to the Origin home screen.

EDIT: The update is indeed what broke it. Took advice from the Frosty Discord server:

- Uninstall Origin

- Find the installer of Origin version 10.5.82 (I used uptodown)

- When installing, untick auto updates

Frosty is working with this version for me!

Edited by VenomousKetchup

Same here. Tried to boot up the game, got a notification for an Origin update. Now frosty won't launch the game, it just takes me to the Origin home screen.

EDIT: The update is indeed what broke it. Took advice from the Frosty Discord server:

- Uninstall Origin

- Find the installer of Origin version 10.5.82 (I used uptodown)

- When installing, untick auto updates

Frosty is working with this version for me!

did try to use an older version of origin but still the game won't launch through FMM

EDIT: it seems that everytime i try to install an older version of origin it keeps installing into the latest version. anyone know how to install the older version?

Edited by Shortner