Game doesn't launch (using frosty mod manager)

Lancelot34

did try to use an older version of origin but still the game won't launch through FMM

EDIT: it seems that everytime i try to install an older version of origin it keeps installing into the latest version. anyone know how to install the older version?

Origin states that it's installing the latest version, true. But if you hover over the .exe file, it should state the correct older version number (10.5.82) if the installation was successful.

Using an older Version of Origin doesn't work for me either. My Origin just keeps telling me to install an important new Update and won't run any Games until I update my Origins.... God I HATE Origins.

Strange that it's working for me and, by the looks of it, some others then. My origin is still running on version 10.5.82, and asks me to choose between updating and running origin offline when I launch it. I haven't tried launching anything, except DA:I through Frosty. These might help:

- are you sure the box "keep my games and Origin up to date" was unticked during installation?1

- if there was a prompt, did you select to remain offline, rather than update Origin?

- Origin will say that it is installing the latest version, see response above.

I'm not an expert at all, so if you feel like you need further help, you could try joining the Frosty Discord and checking out the troubleshooting channel. The link can be found on the official FMM site.

Edited by VenomousKetchup

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same error this morning. Everything was working yesterday. I can also verify it is the latest origin update that broke it. I went to uptodown.com to find the full version of the installer, NOT the thin client that you get from origin or other sites. The thin client will always install the latest version. You must make sure that the install latest version is unchecked. The full version is 227MB and mine downloaded as

origin-10-5-82.exe

Hope this helps and I appreciate the help found on this forum. Wish I could find the post from the person who first stated uptodown, it really saved the day.

Holy crap thank you so much. This also works to fix Mass Effect Andromeda. I just picked the game up on steam a few days ago and it was working fine modded until it randomly wasn't. Going to uptodown.com and downloading version 10.5.82 solved the problem entirely. I hope this helps other people. Make sure you uncheck install latest origin updates when installing it as said previously. Thanks EA!

I can also tell you it worked like a charme for Mirror's Edge Catalyst on Steam. 10.5.83 broke FMM while 10.5.82 works like a charme. THANKS GUYS!!!

If you need further assistance on this issue you can add me on Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/S41B0T/

I can try and help ya :wink:
But PLEASE make a comment on my Profile that you add me for that reason. Otherwise i'll simply ignore your request

Edited by Teklaroma

I'm new to modding DAI, but not modding generally, so just trying to understand all the tools available now. I can't get FrostyMM to launch the game without mods (haven't even installed any), even after uninstalling the latest Origin version and installing the older 10.5.82 version. I'm hoping I'm not just crazy, and that it's part of the issues others are having above... ugh.

Using an older Version of Origin doesn't work for me either. My Origin just keeps telling me to install an important new Update and won't run any Games until I update my Origins.... God I HATE Origins.

I got it to work now, you just need to find an origin installer with the pervious version, but look out for the file size. If you download the exe with the file size of around 60mb (less than 100mb) it will install and download the latest version for you, but if can get the installer with the file size around 200mb it will install the particular version for you. i got mine through uptodown, i use the 10.5.82 version.