Problems with the Creation Kit (Skyrim Special Edition)

newcutter12

Hey guys, first time posting here.

I'm having an odd problem with my Creation Kit Install. In my log when I launch the Creation Kit, it comes up with an error saying "CreateProcess failed (2)."

Another problem is that Mod Organizer is telling me I'm using the incorrect version of the Creation Kit

This is happening even though I'm using the newest version from Bethesda. My SSE is also fully updated.

I can't find either of these problems anywhere online, so I'm at a loss, hopefully y'all can help. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Same here.. it appears that SkyrimSE.exe is at version 1.5.62.0 while the SSE CreationKit.exe is at version 1.5.3.0. To fix the error message, I'm ASSUMING that you'd have to roll back your game to version 1.5.3.0 that matches the CreationKit.exe or wait for Bethesda to update the CreationKit.

This is just my hypothesis - I could be total wrong.

Careful - don't break your SKSE plugins with a roll back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I should have come here first although there apparently appear to be no answers to this. I submitted a query to Phoenix Core on his site. In section 1.6 of his guide "Fixing the Creation Kit" he tells you to DL SSE CreationKitFixes (v 1.2) but there's a v1.3 of this now. Is that what's doing it? Regardless, I've deleted and installed it twice with either version and that doesn't appear to be it.

Quite frankly I have zero intention of making my own mods but being less well versed in computer-ese and modding this game, the only way I'm getting a moddable playable version of Skyrim is to follow guides to the letter. And he suggests using the creation kit. Am I ok to not worry about it and go on with the rest of it? Not going to cause a cascading system failure down the road, am I?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the solution is to either not install SSE CreationKit Fixes, or to roll back to CK version 1.5.3. The author of SSE CK Fixes has no intention of updating it to the latest version:

I will not be supporting the most recent version of the Creation Kit. Work will continue on the previous version. Bethesda has decided to update it after 17 months and still not fix anything, so I'm not wasting my time by updating offsets.

Supported version: CK 1.5.3.0 built [Mon Sep 18, 2017]
Current Beth.net version: CK 1.5.73.0 built [Tue Mar 05, 2019]