Hey, I've been a member before... but...

NitPick87

I need help creating my first mod. I'm hoping someone could clear up my misconceptions about making one for the Fallout games (before 76).

• What do I have to do to create ESPs or ESMs?
  • I know a mod that's dependant on an original file are only ESPs, and everything that uses new meshes and materials have an ESM file (right?)
  • Can I create a mod that is just in a folder that is in a zip file and somehow create an ESP later?

I'm pretty retarded when it comes to finding information about this. Gopher's videos help to some degree, but they don't answer my questions.

Some of the mods I intend to create are:

• Better looking atomic beauty armor/clothing mesh conversions
  • Some NSFW mods
  • Creating original content that's supposedly not dependant on base game/DLC content (hence me wondering how to generate ESM files)

I have:

Blender
Photoshop and other sketch and drawing programs

So if someone would take pity on me and direct me to the apparent tutorial in the most convenient section that anyone could find, I only blame myself for not being able to type in the correct search to create a mod.

r9o18Tf.png

(image © it's respective owner, not me)

Wow. That's a tall order...... I don't think you have any idea what you are letting yourself in for..... :)

Do you have skyrim? If you do, you can do thru the tutorials at TESA, (link in my sig) and that will get you started with the CK. We don't have anything FO4 specific though, gopher is going to be your best bet.

Wow. That's a tall order...... I don't think you have any idea what you are letting yourself in for..... :smile:

Do you have skyrim? If you do, you can do thru the tutorials at TESA, (link in my sig) and that will get you started with the CK. We don't have anything FO4 specific though, gopher is going to be your best bet.

I learned Blender pretty quickly (especially with Adderall). I do have the original version of Skyrim, so I THINK I can correlate the tutorials to Fallout 4 (since they are relatively the same right?) so I can give them a try when I get a chance.