Can you not copy and paste into the Console Command Menu

assassin9500

Just wondering is it possible to be able to copy something just say an item ID code and then Paste it into the skyrim console command - Ctrl-V essentially.

Im sick of having to run batch files and memorize ID codes when i could just copy and paste is it possible?

Use bat batch files with Text Document and add example below

I like linwe's leather armor outfit, lin is the text documents name and I open up console window in game and type "bat lin" without the explanation marks, all bat batch files go outside the data folder near the games launcher

lin file name

player.additem 00108544 1

player.additem 00108543 1

player.additem 00108545 1

player.additem 00108546 1

• 10 months later...

not possible.

If you need to execute a lot of commands (god knows why) you should use the batch option and load your command from a file instead. Of course you can just change the file (which is just a file in Skyrim folder that you make) and load it with console.

As said above, create a file without extension in Skyrim folder and copy your commands in it, in the right order (if multiple) and from skyrim console type bat <your_filename>

This will execute all commands that you put in that file.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Well, in fact there IS a way to copy+paste from Windows to Skyrim, Fallout 4, etc... but a third party software is required.

Download AutoHotKey (free open source project) and create a simple script that (only) contains this...:

^b::
SetKeyDelay, 0, 25
Loop, parse, clipboard, `n, `r
{
    Send, %A_LoopField%
    Send, {Enter}
    Sleep 200
}
Return

In the first line you could change the 'b' key for another if you want.

Execute the script AS ADMINISTRATOR (it will not work in-game otherwise) and it will keep running in the background waiting for a Control+B press.

It's the same as the common Windows Control+V, but in this case it will key in every character in your clipboard.

The delay you'll see between keystrokes is necessary for not obtaining garbled text. You could fine tune the SetKeyDelay and Sleep values as you want, according to your system. Those values work for me in my i5-2500K rig.

Have fun.

Edited by Abelius1

• 1 year later...