Dead bodies sink in water

awsomedude

dead bodies float for a fair while, then sink once the air leaves the lungs and fills with water and shortly rises to the surface again due to the bacteria in the cadaver creates gases, which raise the corpse to the surface agin..so er. why would you want the bodies to sink? :P

technically bodies wouldnt sink in water, unless they were drowned, the air in their lungs stays even after death, which is enough to maintain bouency

still its kinda wierd seeing a bunch of ppl just floating down the river :confused:

ps. it would also be cool if someone culd make a mod were you kinda tie a rock to a dead ncps foot or something making the stone pull him down

Edited by awsomedude

depends on how they died, if the nostrils and mouth were covered and remained covered, the body would stay afloat indefinantly.. but if uncovered, air would eventually leave the body, but it also depends on the weather/time of year etc.

so some of the times the body would probably always float, but then again they may sink after awhile to only re-emerge at a later date... i know my stuff about dead bodies... forensic psych graduate :)

awesomedude.. why do you think murderers tie weights to dead bodies when thrown in water? :)

haha, well im not sure but i believe that the floating has to do with a havok mechanic so it may be unable to change

• 9 months later...

what the title says

dead bodies float for a fair while, then sink once the air leaves the lungs and fills with water and shortly rises to the surface again due to the bacteria in the cadaver creates gases, which raise the corpse to the surface agin..so er. why would you want the bodies to sink? :P

Why? I think I can answer that, although it wasn't directed to me, with three hints: The Dark Brotherhood, Captain Maro and revenge. ;)

• 3 years later...