error setting up condition for spell effect

kaetzer

hello hello

I'm having a little trouble with the creation kit it seems

I want to set up a specific condition for a spell effect, so: right click -> new and an error message immediately pops up "QUEST: Failed to get owner quest for unowned condition."

i click "yes" and can put everything in, then i hit "OK" and the "Warnings" window pops up, telling me the same thing

the error also occurs when I want to edit an existing spell effects condition

can i ignore this? or will it actually not work in the game? if so, how can i fix it?

more info:

AbResistFire, Mag 50

Condition Items:

GetLevel < 20

Run on Player

want to make a creature that gets progressively stronger with the player, so 50% fire resistance from 1-19, 70% from 20-50 or something like that

greetings

kaetzer

Do you have all the required source scripts installed? Sounds like it could be a missing script.

damn, i didn't check that, i did unpack all the scripts for something else though, but haven't checked the conditions thing i just checked, no more error message, thanks and sorry

so for everyone else running into the same problem who found this: extracting the scripts seems to have solved it for me, just extract the "Scripts.zip" in "Skyrim Special Edition\Data" into the Data folder