Welcome to the X4: Foundations forums

9 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978,387 posts
Welcome to the X4: Foundations forums on Nexus Mods.

We keep all discussion for new games to a single forum to make early discussion on the game easy to browse through and find. If the game becomes particularly popular on these forums then we will manually add more forum categories to help split up the various discussion topics a little bit more.

But for now, please chat about anything and everything related to X4: Foundations in these general discussion forums.

Please remember our Terms of Service when you're talking on these forums as we very actively moderate and enforce our rules here!

LiandriGirl

LiandriGirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Where's the "More Diversiy" mod? Good that you ask! It was removed because of snitches.

Whoever wants it, PM me.

Wickebine

Wickebine

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

why was it under moderation? i didnt see anything wrong about it? did it have a virus or something?

StokerAce

StokerAce

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have been off the grid for 3 months had no idea X4 had released.    Just stumbled onto it today.   I loved X3 TC/AP!!!!  still have it installed.    After X Rebirths horrible release I thought all hopes of a game as great as X3 TC/AP was lost.   Gotta wait a few days before I can purchase X4 but now after seeing some You tube vids and seeing mods starting to come to life, I'm Super super excited. Can't wait to play it.   

I hope everyone else is as excited as me!    I'm not a content creator myself, but I'm much looking forward to seeing the awesome mods and content the great creators on here make.  Those that are creators make sure to put up those paypal Donation links.  You will definitely have my donations.

So in advance I'd like to personally thank all those that put the hours and hours it takes to make the Awesome mods and content that Nexus is so famous for.

Thank you and I look forward to hopefully spending the next year at least enjoying this game with you all!!!

BTW:  This is my first post ever on Nexus!  I usually just read the forums not get involved but I'm just so damn excited I had to break my silence. 

Do to my profession (I'm a Merchant Mariner) I spend weeks at a time with somewhat limited access to the internet.   But hopefully now I can be a better member of the community.

Hi! to everyone!

Wickebine

Wickebine

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Its a lot better then X rebirth but its still closer to x rebirth then to x3. i like the gameplay aspects of it but hate the fact that its not the original map and boron and split factions/ships are missing and instead you have like 10 sub factions that no body cares about and just make the faction system more complicated. I also would recommend to turn off ingame music and make a classic xtension-x3 playlist as the music in x4 is very repetitive and in my opinion worse the the old tracks.

ChuckFlash

ChuckFlash

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 76 posts

REQUEST to Mod Makers.

I run Win 7 x64, and there seems to be a problem with some mods not working in the game directory,

but seem to run ok in the DOC directory.

PLEASE, make win 7 versions of your mods,

OR tell us IF the Mod will work correctly in Either the Root Game directory, OR the Documents directory.

Will the mod work correctly in Either Directory ?

Thank You for helping with this Time Saving Information.

UrizenDe

UrizenDe

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

All mods go into "...\X4 Foundations\extensions". No need for Windowsversion specific variants.

ChuckFlash

ChuckFlash

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 76 posts

All mods go into "...\X4 Foundations\extensions". No need for Windowsversion specific variants.

I beg to differ, many mods will not load or will keep the game from loading, if put into the Game root folder.

Those that caused me problems once moved to the "Doc" folder, solved the problem.

This is a Win 7 issue with X4.

ChuckFlash

ChuckFlash

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 76 posts

Here is some more info about this problem

An observation with extensions(for those who have to put mods in documents)
https://forum.egosof...?f=181&t=405273

Hope this helps

Balduin01

Balduin01

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible to add x4 to the nexus mod manager or if i'm maybe blind how it's done manually. I know how to install the mods directly without the nmm but why doing it without when it's much more comfortable with it.

thx

Reply to this topic

Page loaded in: 1.072 seconds