Assertion failed error in SKSE64 2.0.10

CenQ93

FIXED

So, i transferred to SSE and downloaded many mods again...

But when i try to launch from SKSE64_loader.exe, i get this error;

v6mdGr.png

A few seconds later, it closes and nothing happens.

I've just downloaded Rigmor of Cyrodill and im very eager to play it and i need help immediately.

Edited by CenQ93

Game works fine(not better without skse) and there is no log file generated from skse

I googled up and tried many things but im helpless rn

Per the install instructions in SKSE64 archive, did you put

Skse64_loader.exe

skse64_1_5_53.dll

skse64_steam_loader.dll

in the same directory as SkyrimSELauncher.exe and SkyrimSe.exe

did you follow these instructions?

[ Installation ]
1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\. If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.
2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE.

Game works fine(not better without skse) and there is no log file generated from skse

Skse64_loader.exe

skse64_1_5_53.dll

skse64_steam_loader.dll

[ Installation ]
1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\. If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.
2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE.

Yes i did

Edited by CenQ93

Fixed

I noticed that i cant save my game and had some research

i saw that my documents file is stuck in read only so i dealt with that. And the both fixed

Skse64_loader.exe

skse64_1_5_53.dll

skse64_steam_loader.dll

[ Installation ]

And hey, thanks for the advice anyway!

• 2 months later...

Fixed

I noticed that i cant save my game and had some research

i saw that my documents file is stuck in read only so i dealt with that. And the both fixed

Skse64_loader.exe

skse64_1_5_53.dll

skse64_steam_loader.dll

[ Installation ]

And hey, thanks for the advice anyway!

So what files were the issue for you. I have this exact same error, as well have followed the same steps as you had and still get the error code.

• 2 weeks later...

Skse64_loader.exe

skse64_1_5_53.dll

skse64_steam_loader.dll

[ Installation ]

Yes i did

This fixed it for me too! thanks!

• 11 months later...

I suddenly found that SKSE64 would not work and that all my folders have had Read/Write permissions altered.

Still haven't figiured out the access permissions but I DID discover that the Ransomware App was what was blocking SKSE64.

Disabled that security protocol and SKSE64 now works again.

I recently paid for a full version of TotalAV and I've had nothing but trouble since.

Uninstalled it and looking for alternatives.

Hope the Ransomware solution helps someone!

• 1 year later...

iv suddenly had this problem happen with Enderal SE i had my game working totaly fine with no issues the other day. i used MO2 and installed a bunch of mods and got around to using DynoDLOD and everything worked. then when i went to redoo dynoload using text gen. it said a file was missing. same exact thing with dynodlod. i then noticed that enderal se would not even load anymore even with just a clean installation with no mods and running just from steam. but m getting this same messege in relation to skse_Loader64.exe . i also checkd my games folder and i allso had read only which i never new about unitll now...so i unset it and still it does not work.. only things that have changed since it was working was updating MO2 and a windows update...so it must be related to windows update..i dunno though. im loosing my mind about this and need answers.