Disease Notification During Specific Time of Day

jucoking

Hello all, I'm having issues scripting a message that displays on-screen at 6am and a different message that displays on-screen at 6pm. The messages need to display everyday and it doesn't matter where the player is located.

I was fiddling around with the sanguinaris vampiris script and came across something that looked like what I was trying to accomplish, so I hijacked it and modified it for my own use (luckily, my mod requires a similar disease, so I can just tack the message script onto the magic effect).

Here is the script I was trying to use (that won't compile):

Scriptname DayNightMsg extends activemagiceffect

Event OnUpdateGameTime()

If GameHour.GetValueInt() == 6
00CV2_MorningSunMessage.Show()
EndIf

If GameHour.GetValueInt() == 18
00CV2_HorribleNightMessage.Show()
EndIf

EndEvent

Message Property 00CV2_MorningSunMessage Auto

Message Property 00CV2_HorribleNightMessage Auto

GlobalVariable Property Gamehour Auto

GlobalVariable Property GameDaysPassed Auto

Here is the error I get when attempting to compile this script:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "DayNightMsg"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\DayNightMsg.psc(6,4): required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input 'CV2_MorningSunMessage'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\DayNightMsg.psc(10,4): required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input 'CV2_HorribleNightMessage'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\DayNightMsg.psc(15,17): no viable alternative at input '00'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\DayNightMsg.psc(15,45): mismatched input '\\r\\n' expecting STATE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\temp\DayNightMsg.psc(17,48): mismatched input '\\r\\n' expecting STATE
No output generated for DayNightMsg, compilation failed.

You can't start variable/property/etc names with a digit. Instead of "00CV2_MorningSunMessage" use "CV2_MorningSunMessage" and so on.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Identifier_Reference

Thank you for the prompt reply. I followed your advice and the script compiled successfully, however, the notification doesn't appear during testing. I even replaced the

"message.show()"

with a

"debug.messagebox()"

and it compiles fine but doesn't call the script in-game. It really doesn't matter how the message appears during play, just as long as it's in the HUD somewhere. Any help would be much appreciated.