Survey: Which Version of SSE Are You Using and Why?

Ewookie1

Which Version of Skyrim SE are you using and why?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What version are you using

• Earlier version than that.
    • Newer Version (to cover future updates)
  2. 2. Are you, or were you reluctant to upgrade?

3. 3. Why are you using your current choice of version?

• Like to keep up to date.
    • Didn't know I had a choice.
    • Waiting for updates of favorite mods to catch up with the latest update of Skyrim SE.
    • Don't want to go through the hassle of updating all my mods just to have them become obsolete with the next SSE update.

I am a bit surprised that openly admitting you pirated the game doesnt result in a ban from nexus

Who admitted to pirating the game?

If your assuming that I pirated the game because I understand why people are using older versions, then you are mistaken. I purchased the original Skyrim LE version of the game through Steam years ago. And, when Skyrim SE came out, I believe it was automatically put into my library because I had not only purchased the original Skyrim, but I had also purchased the three DLC's as part of the Legacy package at the same time. So, I did NOT pirate this game!

The reason I started this post was because I sympathized with many of those users out there that are struggling to put together a stable mod list for there game and have to go back and start over because of these constant updates. For example, I was just trying to put together a mod called "Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition".

Now, I'm not the fastest typist in the world, not by any stretch of the imagination. And, I have some disabilities that prevent me from sitting in any one position for any length of time, so such projects take me a while. Probably longer than most. And, I was just looking at my Steam account and discovered that, if I want to remain current with the latest version of Skyrim SE, I will once again have to scratch all the effort I have put into this mod effort because they have updated Skyrim again!

Frankly, I'm not sure I want to go through all that work again... I'm tired of the whole thing.

do what you like, ignore me and all the rest of us that have struggled along and believe what you want to believe... :sad: I surrender... After discovering they've done it again, I'm just too tired and frustrated to even think about this any more.

He was actually referring to a guy whose posts have since been deleted by the moderators.

Hi EWookie,

As Arthmoor clarified, my comment was not directed at yourself. I can see where the confusion has come from though as the post I was referring to has been deleted by moderators.

I am familiar with Lexys LOTD guide so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try to help. You may also want to check Lexys discord server linked at the top of her guide where there will be many users who can assist with whatever queries you may have. I'm a regular visitor there myself and try to help out where I can

Edited by QuagaarWarrior

to answer the question i normally try to back up my launcher so if i update i can revert back because i dont like having a skse64 not working since most mods i have use that, (90% are textuer and of the like to make the world look better and the others for followers and options )

i just dont like updating when its mostly for CC and not for any of the bugs we still have from the main game.

Edited by thunderlord2200