Silly suggestions

Shadowcran

Sometimes, I can't help it. I'll be in the game, playing, and all of a sudden I'll think of something really silly for a mod suggestion. It's especially rough when it seems too serious. Anyway, what I'd like is people to post the strangest/oddest ideas they can come up with here. Who knows? maybe a modder will give a crack at it.

1- Enchanted Codpiece. This, when all your weapons break, can be removed from your...uh...cod and used as a flail. As a codpiece, it can be enchanted. "Glowing codpiece of DOOOMMMM!!"

2- working toilets. I've yet to see a RPG with this...could be a first.

3- New Spell. Flaming Cheeks of doom...you bend over...well, you get the idea.

4- non traditional roles for characters...how many times have you seen a 'dark warrior with a mysterious past?"..doesn't this and the rest get old after a while? How about:

An elf who's secret wish is to be a lumberjack

A cleric/knight with Tourette's syndrome...can you imagine prayer with them?

A necromancer who faints at the sight of blood

A bard who stutters

A druid taxidermist

5- peasants...well, the world looks empty without them. The wolves would have something to drag off.

These are just a few off the top of my head. Feel free to post your own.

Now over 50 or more silly suggestions throughout the thread...each group of 5 contains one real idea..see if you can guess which one is the real one?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for 5 two things can be done

the mod NPCs with Jobs or make a mod with AI packages outside every city (- kvatach) farming 7-4 go inside for a hour and make food ( SI ) and eat and go wonder in the nearist town for 3 hours then go to bed untill 7 and the cycle can start again

there are so many ideas you do for that if you can find the righr Aninamatsions

Col John Sheppard

as for 5 two things can be done

the mod NPCs with Jobs or make a mod with AI packages outside every city (- kvatach) farming 7-4 go inside for a hour and make food ( SI ) and eat and go wonder in the nearist town for 3 hours then go to bed untill 7 and the cycle can start again

there are so many ideas you do for that if you can find the righr Aninamatsions

Col John Sheppard

I thought as much. Problem is..do people want it? Would it risk filling up areas where creatures spawn?

thats always a risk in oblvion you have to take it and as you said "The wolves would have something to drag off." it would give oblvion a bit of a medveil feel to it with that if you think about it

Col John Sheppard

there has been a mod that makes most farmer items into weapons and running a estate with them? the more peasants you buy the more money you get but you have to supply them with food? or they will attack you?

i think you mean something like that?

Col John Sheppard

there has been a mod that makes most farmer items into weapons and running a estate with them? the more peasants you buy the more money you get but you have to supply them with food? or they will attack you?

i think you mean something like that?

Col John Sheppard

yeah, something like that. What I'd really want would be too vast an undertaking for anyone to attempt. Divide up the continent into areas, each controlled by a different lord. I'm afraid what I'd end up wanting would be tactical strategy, my other passion. But I'd like to keep Oblivion an RPG...I've plenty of sources for strategy.

Maximum silliness would be for someone to rig a dance animation of the "Knights of Camelot" number from Monty Python's Holy Grail, and incorporate it into an expansion mod for Cloud Ruler Temple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0

Would work well, with plenty of havoc'd objects on the tables...