Custom Quest Will Not Appear On PipBoy

Okay so I fixed the alias problem, they all fill correctly. But, the quest still won't display. As a test, I created a debug message on the startup stage, as you can see in the picture, and that won't even show on the screen. Yet, when I SQV the quest, it is running and on stage 1. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've also attached my data tab in case something is wrong there.

I still haven't seen the objective tab. I'm assuming you've got something listed under objective (1)?

Also, you can uncheck "warn on alias fill failure" on your main quest tab. As far as I've ever seen it doesn't actually do anything? (someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Are there any conditions on that objective? Honestly it would be easier to just post the main quest tab, stage tab, objective tab, and alias tab. And is this the only quest file you've made in this .esp so far? Are there any scripts attached to the quest?

edit: I know this is frustrating but we'll get it figured out! =) There's always an identifiable reason when a quest won't start, and once you get the jist of it, this will happen much less if at all.

Edited by NikaCola

I already posted the stages, data, and alias tabs. But here is the objective tab. And yes, there is a script attached to a key when you pick it up, a stage will advance. But that script isn't working right now. And this is the only quest attached to this esp.

Use Debug.Trace function for logging.

To enable papyrus logging create a file named Fallout4Custom.ini in Documents\My Games\Fallout4 with following content:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
(or add the lines if you already have the file)
The log files are created in Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Logs.
And use Debug.Trace to see if the script fragment for stage 1 is executed. Also in the log files you may find errors if SetObjectiveDisplayed fails...
Edited by Wolfmark