A warning to all FO76 'modders'

zanity

The Reddit subreddit FO76 is actually the main Beth online hang-out, and the home of the last people defending this game. Want to know how the wind is blowing, go there and read.

Anyway, after the last disasterous update, this subreddit is on fire and the mob of once 'happy' FO76 players has gathered their torches and pitchforks. They're looking for witches to burn, and since they've given up any concept of holding Beth to account, that means other players of this game.

So now the FO76 subreddit is screaming as loudly as it can for Beth to ***BAN*** all players of FO76 using hacks, mods or in-game 'exploits'- all the 'non-normals'. Because 'you' rather than Beth have ruined Fallout:76 apparently.

A player using in-game 'exploits' is a difficult targte, however, since in a game as buggy as FO:76, what's the difference between an 'exploit' and an intended game mechanism? Was farming bears for springs an 'exploit'? Beth has nerfed this 'exploit' in the latest update, so I guess you could say "yes", tho most players would say a definite "no".

But people who modify the game files of FO:76, after Zenimax lawyers laid down in absolute clarity that this was 'illegal' have no leg to stand on. That is to say, you modders of FO:76 have no leg to stand on. You've painted targets on your back, and if Beth thinks it a good idea to give into the demands of the mob, you'll be the first to be banned.

I mean Beth can eaither say "mea culpa" (hahahahahahahahahahaha- yeah right) or look for safe 'scape-goats' to sacrifice. And what can you 'modders' say when Beth bans you? That you didn't know what that TOS meant when it told you that you must NOT alter any game filre? Or that you thought modding was your 'right'. Or that the fact the Nexus opened up a modding section for FO:76 meant you were 'protected'.

Look the mob (the people who actually still play this game) are baying for blood. Beth was forced by mob outrage to give peeps the canvas bags they had already paid for. But now Beth has an option that hits the users rather than themselves.

ALL big online games have banned an extraordinary number of paying customers in the last few years- the precedent is long standing. And the big publishers have won legal judgements in all major territories in their favour. The one clear cut situation is when a user of an online game alters game data or code- that ring a bell?

The time to slink into the shadows is when you see the mob start to form. NOT when you get an official 'warning' from Beth- but when it becomes all too obvious Beth is going to do something drastic to sate the mob.

Fallout:76 is no innocent 'ordinary' game. It is a toxic dump on fire spewing clouds of deadly debris where smart observers expect explosions and ensure they are a safe distance.

How bad could it get? How about letters from law firms acting on behalf of Zenimax demanding fines of THOUSANDS of dollars from anyone who is know to have 'hacked' (ie., modded) their online game? This tactic is commonplace with file sharing over torrents. The legal mechanism is the SAME when it comes to 'modding' a commercial online game without explicit permission of the owners.

Do you run toward or away from a rabid dog? Do you think any sane decision making is happening at Beth as I type? And what do you think the realtionship is like between the horrors who own Zenimax (go Google them) and the management at Beth? You are talking about an entity that needs to lash out and lash out hard.

Remember, Todd Howard considers third-party modding of 'his' games to be an absolute evil these days. He would have loved to kill off such modding of the older single player games, but obviously could not since Beth had, in the past, chose to grudgingly support such so Beth could then mine those mods for their own advantage.

But with Fallout:76 the situation is black and white. Todd clearly stated that third party mods would never be supported for FO76- that any 'mod' in the future would be an officially curated download from the Atom Store. The FO76 TOS, with respect to altering game files, lay this down in stone.

And it is the simplest thing in the world for Fallout:76 to identify users who have altered their game files and report said users to Zenimax and their lawyers.

Honestly, everyone here has better things to do with their lives than risk the worst that can happen by hacking a , frankly, utterly terrible game.

The sanest thing for any FO76 fan, simple player or 'modder', is to 'rest' the game for at least the next six months- give it time to 'mature' one way or the other. Play other, non-broken games in the meantime, and come back to this title if it seems sensible after enough time passes.

But like I said at the top, today the mob mentality at the FO76 subreddit should terrify anyone who wants to associate with this game now. Especially 'modders'.

Putting aside the fact that you are clearly mis-representing information to suit your own argument, I have to ask: why the heck are you doing this? Every time I glance at this forum I see you either posting new thread after new thread re-hashing what is essentially the same argument of 'Bethesda is Satan and all you sheeple are idiots!!!', to going into other, unrelated threads and doing the same. Obviously you have some kind of axe to grind, but I have difficulty believing a mere dislike of Fallout 76 can explain the fervour with which you are pursuing this straw-man argument. I understand that 76 is FAR from a perfect game, its probably not even a GOOD game, and it's definitely not what most Fallout fans wanted, but seriously, I've seen people less vitriolic over having their dog ran over. So what, exactly is your goddamn angle here? Unless you have something honestly constructive to provide to any debate on 76 and its merits (which no matter what you say in your defense, you are NOT being constructive right now), I would kindly ask you to stop and GET OUT.

I was considering 'saying' something myself, as I've 'seen' these strange rants and screeds posted all over 'the' place, related to the topic or not and it's becoming confusing.

Also, I'd 'like' a source 'for' 'the' 'claim' that modding fallout '76' is illegal cause that sounds hilariously 'completely made up'

The Reddit subreddit FO76 is actually the main Beth online hang-out, and the home of the last people defending this game. Want to know how the wind is blowing, go there and read.

Anyway, after the last disasterous update, this subreddit is on fire and the mob of once 'happy' FO76 players has gathered their torches and pitchforks. They're looking for witches to burn, and since they've given up any concept of holding Beth to account, that means other players of this game.

So now the FO76 subreddit is screaming as loudly as it can for Beth to ***BAN*** all players of FO76 using hacks, mods or in-game 'exploits'- all the 'non-normals'. Because 'you' rather than Beth have ruined Fallout:76 apparently.

A player using in-game 'exploits' is a difficult targte, however, since in a game as buggy as FO:76, what's the difference between an 'exploit' and an intended game mechanism? Was farming bears for springs an 'exploit'? Beth has nerfed this 'exploit' in the latest update, so I guess you could say "yes", tho most players would say a definite "no".

But people who modify the game files of FO:76, after Zenimax lawyers laid down in absolute clarity that this was 'illegal' have no leg to stand on. That is to say, you modders of FO:76 have no leg to stand on. You've painted targets on your back, and if Beth thinks it a good idea to give into the demands of the mob, you'll be the first to be banned.

I mean Beth can eaither say "mea culpa" (hahahahahahahahahahaha- yeah right) or look for safe 'scape-goats' to sacrifice. And what can you 'modders' say when Beth bans you? That you didn't know what that TOS meant when it told you that you must NOT alter any game filre? Or that you thought modding was your 'right'. Or that the fact the Nexus opened up a modding section for FO:76 meant you were 'protected'.

Look the mob (the people who actually still play this game) are baying for blood. Beth was forced by mob outrage to give peeps the canvas bags they had already paid for. But now Beth has an option that hits the users rather than themselves.

ALL big online games have banned an extraordinary number of paying customers in the last few years- the precedent is long standing. And the big publishers have won legal judgements in all major territories in their favour. The one clear cut situation is when a user of an online game alters game data or code- that ring a bell?

The time to slink into the shadows is when you see the mob start to form. NOT when you get an official 'warning' from Beth- but when it becomes all too obvious Beth is going to do something drastic to sate the mob.

Fallout:76 is no innocent 'ordinary' game. It is a toxic dump on fire spewing clouds of deadly debris where smart observers expect explosions and ensure they are a safe distance.

How bad could it get? How about letters from law firms acting on behalf of Zenimax demanding fines of THOUSANDS of dollars from anyone who is know to have 'hacked' (ie., modded) their online game? This tactic is commonplace with file sharing over torrents. The legal mechanism is the SAME when it comes to 'modding' a commercial online game without explicit permission of the owners.

Do you run toward or away from a rabid dog? Do you think any sane decision making is happening at Beth as I type? And what do you think the realtionship is like between the horrors who own Zenimax (go Google them) and the management at Beth? You are talking about an entity that needs to lash out and lash out hard.

Remember, Todd Howard considers third-party modding of 'his' games to be an absolute evil these days. He would have loved to kill off such modding of the older single player games, but obviously could not since Beth had, in the past, chose to grudgingly support such so Beth could then mine those mods for their own advantage.

But with Fallout:76 the situation is black and white. Todd clearly stated that third party mods would never be supported for FO76- that any 'mod' in the future would be an officially curated download from the Atom Store. The FO76 TOS, with respect to altering game files, lay this down in stone.

And it is the simplest thing in the world for Fallout:76 to identify users who have altered their game files and report said users to Zenimax and their lawyers.

Honestly, everyone here has better things to do with their lives than risk the worst that can happen by hacking a , frankly, utterly terrible game.

The sanest thing for any FO76 fan, simple player or 'modder', is to 'rest' the game for at least the next six months- give it time to 'mature' one way or the other. Play other, non-broken games in the meantime, and come back to this title if it seems sensible after enough time passes.

But like I said at the top, today the mob mentality at the FO76 subreddit should terrify anyone who wants to associate with this game now. Especially 'modders'.

pevSPn4.gif

I have no plans to stop using mods on any Bethesda game. FO76 will be dead in a matter of months anyway, and Bethesda will try to sweep it under the rug like it never happened. They did originally promise in late 2019 it will have private servers and mod support, but I don't believe a thing they say until I see action to support it.

This guy has obviously way too much time to waste when you see all the pointless rants he posted here... Seriously... It's spamming at this point.

Yeah, his sense of undeserved entitlement is painfully obvious in his vitriolic rage. With how nightmarish-ly apocalyptic he's portraying the situation, I expect his next grandiose speech will just be him opening his mouth and exhaling a cloud of locusts.

I was considering 'saying' something myself, as I've 'seen' these strange rants and screeds posted all over 'the' place, related to the topic or not and it's becoming confusing.

Also, I'd 'like' a source 'for' 'the' 'claim' that modding fallout '76' is illegal cause that sounds hilariously 'completely made up'

xEdit 3.3.4 BETA - now with "Fallout 76 support"

VercLen's post says we can use it now to start modding FO76. And also the place where you can download is posted in the thread too.

At download web page for xEdit it says it is approved for use on FO76.

Here the thread in nexus mods. < https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7153951-xedit-334-beta-now-with-fallout-76-support/?p=65193136 >

Dear Zanty,

You are on the wrong forum,

this is a Forum about modding,

Having CRTL+F all of Todd's interviews, articles and so forth I have found in on place that it says he wouldn't allow custom mods.

So you are spewing Bullshit of the highest degree.

Next time Get some facts (and sources) so you don't make yourself look like a donkey.

Your Friendly Neighborhood s#*&#33; Poster