Did skyrim SE just got a new update?

Sabertoothtigerz

Hi, it is currently december 5th 2018 and i read an article that says skyrim SE got a new update on steam, xbox 1 and ps4, now my problem is skse is giving me a problem, it wont load skyrim because its accusing me that my skyrim is new and skse is old, i must check with silverlock for updates, i have SE from steam and skse aswell, so do i have to download when the new version of skse comes out or does it download automatically when it's out for steam?

I know this is a bit late, but it is always a good idea to make a back-up copy of the:

SkyrimSE.exe into a different file folder for just this reason. That way you can back-up the current update version to a DIFFERENT FOLDER, IE:

< dir > Skyrim Exe - 10-05-2018 \

< dir > Skyrim Exe - 12-05-2018 \

This way you can drop back to the older version until the SKSE people have time to update. Then update and copy the news .exe back into the master Skyrim Dir.

Is this update going to potentially screw up my 150+ modded version of the game? I just cant risk it ..taken too long to make the perfect mod list function nicely.

Edited by ZMD78

New to Skyrim and its modding community. When the update for SKSE drops, will there be an actual update link or will I need to uninstall the original (previous) version and reinstall the entire thing from the beginning? If the latter, is there a better way to do that? It took me like half an hour to figure out to install correctly.

It looks like the update is up! I thought I updated it correctly but I get a notification saying "Race menu version error: expected game version 1.5.53.0 - your game version: 1.5.62.0; some features may not work correctly" every time I launch the game. Would someone please explain to me what that means, what I did wrong, and/or what I can do to fix it? Thanks!

P.S. Despite the error message, the game opens up afterwards and -appears- to run alright. I'm just not sure if its a temporary thing and if it will be detrimental to my game later. Like I said, I'm new here. Pardon my ignorance. Thanks again!

Edited by R0GERS