Gees, f4se NOT working yet again.

Frogzilla82

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

Pretty sure bethesda HAS DROPPED ALL SUPPORT OF FALLOUT 4. ZERO FIXES..........EVER. Instead the MORONIC creation club crap breaking the mods.

It took a few days for a new f4se, working again. bethesda really needs to stop, unless they actually fixes their screw-ups.

bethesda wont stop they're in business to make money, cc content makes them money.

however, YOU can take steps to make sure you are not affected by their changes. there are mods out there which will auto back up your executable for you, you can set steam to only update the game if you launch it from steam rather than from f4se - i've not been affected by any cc update in over a year, because i learned very quickly how to deal with this.

now, when an update is deployed i wait for f4se and related mods to be updated. might take a few days, but i can still play on with my current game without any ill effects. i would advise everyone who gets burned by this to stop it happening to yourself by being proactive. it really isn't very hard. a lot of very diligent modders have made it easy for everyone. give it a try and save yourself a load of butt hurt.

I could not agree more. with out Auto Backup created by CDante or Fallout 4 script extender be updated the game is lost during those hours.

in addition if your like me and you use mods such as IN-Game Esp Explorer or Place everywhere or Mod configuration menu oe looksmenu or Transfer settlements

These mods stop working with a new exe. They also then need to be disabled which changes your mod load order etc. The game should not be forced updated but instead user notified
you have a game you want to play it and it should work because you paid for it. you didn't make any of the changes causing it not to work. Plus if your not techie at all your game is not working

People still being told to 'shut their mouths' over Beth's ongoing outrages- including the PURPOSEFUL breaking of external support of the game's .exe as a strategic business move to push the Creation Club.

Bethesda could TRIVIALLY update content on the Creation Club without breaking f4se support, but Todd Howard wants f4se support broken each time for the same reason he wants vanilla Fallout 4 assets on the Fallout:76 Atom Store- MONEY.

People who PAY for a AAA offline game have a right to expect it to keep working WITHOUT their need to waste time messing about. Back in the day Todd chose to support the idea of selling the PC version of Fallout:4 as a third-party moddifiable game- with the caveat that Beth, of course, could not 'support' a game modded by third-party content. But lack of 'support' does not mean the 'right to break with every forced update'.

The game should not be forced updated but instead user notified

Which is an option in Steam. Just set the preference to update game on launch, and this will tell you when the update is available, but it won't update until you actually launch FO4. As soon as you see the update is there, you can just relaunch Steam in offline mode, and there ya go, you can keep playing the old version of the game.

I have not updated Skyrim SE since February, even though FO4 is up-to-date. I don't update Windows 7 very often, either, to make sure my work related software won't have any downtime.

Guest deleted34304850

Well the executable broke my game and it has nothing to do with f4se. To play the game I use pre CC executables.

I totally agree with the statement "Beth's ongoing outrages"

I disagree that Bethesda purposely sabatoshed f4se. I think they just don't care. Their latest release proves to me that they don't care or didn't care.

Maybe they care now.

then your use case is unique and good luck to you for crippling yourself in this way unnecessarily. You are really sticking it to the man! Fight the power dude!

however, my point is that you can continue to be unaffected by any updates if you want to be without locking yourself down like this because you are preventing yourself from using any mods that have been altered since before cc club became a thing. as i said im sure it works for you, but its not something i'd recommend to anyone who wants to use mods that have been created/updated in the last 2+ years.

BTW are you still using Windows 3.1, or did you move to Windows for Workgroups? Still using Wordstar? How's Lotus123 working out for you?

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

then your use case is unique and good luck to you for crippling yourself in this way unnecessarily. You are really sticking it to the man! Fight the power dude!

however, my point is that you can continue to be unaffected by any updates if you want to be without locking yourself down like this because you are preventing yourself from using any mods that have been altered since before cc club became a thing. as i said im sure it works for you, but its not something i'd recommend to anyone who wants to use mods that have been created/updated in the last 2+ years.

BTW are you still using Windows 3.1, or did you move to Windows for Workgroups? Still using Wordstar? How's Lotus123 working out for you?

Why don't you just hold off on updating your FO4 installation for a few days until the new version of F4SE gets released?

Guest deleted34304850

Why don't you just hold off on updating your FO4 installation for a few days until the new version of F4SE gets released?

this. always this. :)