Vortex Out of Focus?

gamermanh

Not sure if I'm going crazy but I haven't seen anyone else post this, my GF doesn't experience it, but it's annoying as f***.

Vortex goes blurry every few seconds (almost radial blur around the center of the window) for no apparant reason, making it impossible to read text and making me feel like I need to go get new glasses. Come to think of it, it almost looks as though it randomly is triggering the blur that occurs when a mod's install menu pops up. I've tried messing around with my NVidia control panel settings in case something in there was going screwey, no luck there, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

I've tried reinstalling, rebooting my PC, praying to Gaben, sacraficing my second AND first born, and every config in NVidia control panel I can think of (GeForce 1080TI 11G)

I've attached a screenshot of what I mean (I'd post one of the whole window but file size limits), and the cropping makes it a little easier to read than the ENTIRE WINDOW looking like the world does after my nightly cry

Anyone smarter than me have any ideas on how to fix this?

**EDIT**

Problem has gone away with no updating, removing, or changing of anything on my computer. I was watching some mods download, it went fuzzy, went clear, and never did it again throughout the 2 hours I spent further modding games. No idea why it happened, no idea why it stopped

For a test, can you switch over to the motherboard GPU?

You should be able to select it in the NVidia control panel - I think.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

Aye, tried that last night and had the same issue still, also tried connecting it to a smaller, non G-Sync display through HDMI and DisplayPort on both MOBO and 1080 and in every circumstance it happened

After further using it to install wayyyy too many Skyrim SE mods though I noticed consistant behavior:

It does it during/immediately after I install a mod WITHOUT FAIL

It always clears up once my mouse moves over the spot on the window that is blurry, but sometimes immediately goes blurry again when the mouse stops moving

Sometimes during installation the entire window flickers violently between completely out of focus and in focus (not at my screen refresh rate but still fast)

If you revert to an earlier version of Vortex, does the problem disappear?

It's been a persistent issue since mid-June or so (when I first downloaded the manager), no matter how many updates have been since then. I could try going back further than that but that seems like quite some time to rollback

It's been a persistent issue since mid-June or so (when I first downloaded the manager), no matter how many updates have been since then. I could try going back further than that but that seems like quite some time to rollback

Clearly, rolling back your versions is not a viable option.

Not having encountered this problem myself, I have no idea how to address it other than to ask two additional questions. Have you considered whether the problem might be browser related? Or might it be a problem arising from a mouse driver?

With these two questions, my technical expertise is exhausted. I do hope someone comes along who has the know-how you need. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

I dont know about you, but this same problem was happening with the Twitch app too. Somehow I fix it, but cannot remember how I do it correctly. There was an option at the Twitch named Software Randering Mode, toggling it was fixed Twitch's problem. But there is no option about it on the Vortex.