The new Ryzen 3000 series "leaked"

A Q1 release? That's earlier than the other rumors I've seen (They've been saying launch around Computex in Late May-Early June) Though it would be in line with the launches of the last 2 generations. I'll be waiting for official benchmarks from my favorite techtubers (Bitwit, Paul's Hardware, GamersNexus, and JayzTwoCents) before making a decision. Assuming I don't already have a new PC by then.

Edited by GoliathUnit13074

For CPU purchases for gaming I use the Cinebench single core score.

I skipped the new Intel chips because the score on the i9 9900k(219) is about the same as my i7 8086k(219). If AMDs chip can get to a score of 250 I will upgrade.

In the tests that I have done only my modded games benefit from my i7 8086k. On my unmodded games my i7 8700k performs just as well.

In those vanilla games my i7 6700k did the frame rate but was less smooth with 4 cores.

The R7 2700x has the IPC as a i7 6700k and the cores for a smooth experience so if the new chips is a replacement then great but if it costs more than the R7 2700x it will be the same old argument. I only mention this because the first Ryzen chips are still being sold at a lesser price.