Vortex Broke on me.

boo1234567890123

Ok so vortex was working fine for me yesterday and all my mods were working but today i did nothing that i did not do yesterday and it was working fine today until vortex said it needed a update i let it download the update and now only 55 of my 207 mods are being deployed. and because of that issue i cant play skyrim anymore without having to uninstall all of my mods and on top of that i am getting a error in vortex saying missing masters and the reason for the error is some of my mods that are working require other mods that are not being deployed to work. so if someone can please help me fix this that would be great.

Guest deleted34304850

there's been a few people with similar issues to what you're reporting.

can you post up your mod staging folder path, download folder and your deployment method?

I do have a similar problem however this time its a lot less large impact, several patches are not loaded so i started by opening vortex so i could add the missing patches but again the window where you can select the plugins has disappeared.

The first times vortex messed up i lost all my mods and settings and i finally solved the issue by completely dig with totalcmd for any folder named vortex and kill all of it.

So yes i had to start from scratch with installing vortex and all mods at that time 354 mods, second time 321 mods and 3th time 301.

The most weird is that when i install vortex fresh on the machine, the plugins tab was missing but when i clicked on advanced mode the plugins page instant appeared.

But i can click endless on that option now, the plugins section stays hidden.

Now i checked the files in the appdata and checked if the missing plugins are in the files there and i found them being in there.

Down into the ....\skyrimse\profiles\.x.x.x.x.x.x\ loadorder and plugins i see the names actually are existing .

So why does advanced section disappear and why does the option to enable / disable does nothing, that leaves the question open why does a update/upgrade of vortex screw this up

Can i fix the problem in anyway by changing something in these files or does vortex keep the info about plugins being loaded elsewhere.

Ok so vortex was working fine for me yesterday and all my mods were working but today i did nothing that i did not do yesterday and it was working fine today until vortex said it needed a update i let it download the update and now only 55 of my 207 mods are being deployed. and because of that issue i cant play skyrim anymore without having to uninstall all of my mods and on top of that i am getting a error in vortex saying missing masters and the reason for the error is some of my mods that are working require other mods that are not being deployed to work. so if someone can please help me fix this that would be great.

After you updated, what did you see on your Mods page? Were only 55 enabled mods displayed and nothing else? Or did you see those 55 mods plus other mods that were disabled?

@op, what happens if you redeploy your mods once again?

when i redeploy it stays at 55 mods in the plugin page and 207 mods in the mods page

After you updated, what did you see on your Mods page? Were only 55 enabled mods displayed and nothing else? Or did you see those 55 mods plus other mods that were disabled?

i think when you say mods page you mean plugins page since that is what it is called in vortex but any way in my plugins page i only see 55 enabled mods displayed nothing else but if i go to my mods page whitch is where everying that is installed but not deployed is stored it shows up with 207 mods. so about 3/4 of my mods are not being deployed since i updated it.

@op, what happens if you redeploy your mods once again?

when i redeploy it stays at 55 mods in the plugin page and 207 mods in the mods page

i think when you say mods page you mean plugins page since that is what it is called in vortex but any way in my plugins page i only see 55 enabled mods displayed nothing else but if i go to my mods page whitch is where everying that is installed but not deployed is stored it shows up with 207 mods. so about 3/4 of my mods are not being deployed since i updated it.

Mind you, some of those mods might be texture mods etc, which won't have a plugin associated with them

Mind you, some of those mods might be texture mods etc, which won't have a plugin associated with them

you are correct but still i would say only about a max of 30 of those mods have no esp or esm but still i dont want to have to start from scratch when it was working before i updated vortex. so i was wondering if anyone may know what has screwed up.

No, I did not mean plugins page - I meant mods page.

On the mods page, what is the status of the mods which you say are not deployed? Is their status "Disabled?"