Landlords of the Commonwealth aka Flog Those Player Homes

wysiwyg

There are plenty of interesting player homes available both on Nexus and even Creation Club. It's a shame to install one and just never use it after fixing it up. So, what if those limited workbenches could be turned into small "settlements" with just one settler per bed and could produce income? Even something like the Basement Living could be rented out.,

Some ideas:

1. NPC tenants with different traits. Some will require more repairs, some will order supplies via caravan (producing income, using food and/or supplies), some will require you to remodel after they leave. :-)
  2. Squatters. If you don't rent it someone will move in and you won't be able to. From scavs and raiders you have to fight to homeless families you have to either kick out or make other arrangements with depending on your personality.
  3. Gardens/food items where possible to reduce the food requirements of tenants.
  4. Set your rent, too high and no one pays but you still could get squatters. Create the base price on the workshop tagged objects and set a multiplier including < 1 to reduce rent.
  5. Defend your properties. I'm not sure how since they are generally interior. You usually show up just in time when settlements are attacked anyway so maybe just have enemies show up around the outside or inside depending on how good the door is. Maybe create an "armory" for settlers to use.
  6. Random events affected by the tenant attributes from abandonment, theft (stealing non-structural workshop items), and damage.

Anyhow, I think it'd be fun. I don't know if it'd require an esl/patch for specific homes or mods or if it could be made generic somehow to detect the non-workshop-workshops.