How To Make The Nexus Website Download With NMM and Not Vortex

Zoe41

I do not like vortex after installing it however after uninstalling it, it still is the default download option on the nexus website. Every fix I have found is the same thing, make NMM associate with NXM URLs when it already is associated with them. Everytime I go to download something on the nexus website now it says your download is being prepared with Vortex even though its uninstalled. Is there a way to change this setting on the website to go back to using NMM? Before you ask, yes I am logged in on NMM and on the Nexus site, yes I have ran in admin mode and reset the associate with NXM URLs, this doesnt work.

Edit: Fixed

Don't worry about what the website says. It just mentions Vortex because that is the assumed manager. All it really means is that Nexusmods will download a .nxm file containing the mod.

It is up to you and Windows to specify what application handles .nxm files.

If you have told NMM to associate .nxm files, you are fine. Download and be happy.

The NMM seems it can't connect to its server right now. do u think this is related?

There are a bunch of reasons it might not be able to connect, none related to Vortex. Other than temporary server outages, the most common has been an old version of NMM.

The server changed protocols six months ago or so - make sure your NMM is up-to-date.

Guest deleted34304850

you say its set to use nmm then contradict that statement by adding it still keeps trying to use vortex.

you need to fix your preference as to how your system will open links from nexusmods. that's a windows issue, nothing to do with vortex.

mine is already set for NMM. It still keeps trying to use Vortex and I don't even have it on my computer anymore. How do I fix this?

Are you saying when you click DOWNLOAD WITH VORTEX, does Vortex open and try to download the mod, or does the website just say "Preparing for download with Vortex" and nothing happens?

Because we've had a couple of people saying that they can't download with NMM, but all it turned out to be was the Website Message saying "Preparing download for Vortex", when in fact it was going to download with NMM

I'm concerned that people are having such difficulties changing a very basic setting.

Vortex-NMM-NXM.jpg

These are both checked (it won't let me uncheck them ) and NMM is associated with nxm files. I have no trace of vortex on my computer, Only NMM. When I click the vortex button ( NMM is no longer showing at Nexus) , It say preparing to dl with vortex but nothing happens.

So you see, I am NOT contradicting myself.