DAO Mod Manager & DAO Updater Not Installing .dazip

crasher789

Neither the mod manager or DAO updater are installing the .dazip files I have correctly. I've checked the paths in the mod manager and everything looks good, but when I select "install" on the .dazip files, nothing happens. I then tried adding them directly into the bin_ship folder and running the updater, but I receive an installation error. Anyone know what might be causing this?

Don't put the DAzips in bin_ship.

That they are in the same folder as the installer executable may be interfering with the install routine... create a folder somewhere on your computer that is NOT inside any Bioware-created Dragon Age folder. (I.e., not in the game install directory, not in the [user]/Documents folder.... even a folder on your Desktop would work. Also, double check that daupdater.exe has Administrator permissions.

THEN use daupdater to install.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i think i found the problem go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings and delete the AddIns.xml.

Launch the game and start a new character, save and exit. The game should create a new AddIns.xml and you should be able to install the mods either via DAOMM or the DAUpdater. At least this is what worked for me

Edited by Dima12