New to mods, getting purple barrels?

spudjii

Hi there,

I'm new to modding, but I've installed some mods that I've seen recommended. so far:

Cloaks of skyrim SSE

Cutting room floor

SKSE64 Scripts (Though I get an error message at the beggining saying this isn't working properly? I'm not sure what I've done wrong though!)

Skyrim flora overhaul SE

SkyUI (5_2_SE) (again, I'm having a minor issue here with "S"'s showing up in front of everything and all the key bidnings being marked as "???" though I I can figure them out via trial and error)

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Any helpful pointers would be so helpful. As I said, I'm new to this just looking to enrich my enjoyment. I'm not amazing at computer stuff - I can install and move files yadda yadda (and have manually removed the odd line for the odd mass effect mod) but I can't code or anything,

If you are using SKSE64, then you must start the game via SKSE64. I use a desktop shortcut to start my game. If you also use a shortcut, make sure that it points to the skse64_loader.exe. (Right click on the shortcut, click on Properties and read the first box. Change the .exe file name if necessary.) I think that once you get the SKSE loading sorted out, then any problems with SkyUI will clear up. I'm not sure exactly how to make sure that the Steam loader points to SKSE64, so hopefully someone else can help you out with that.

If something's showing up purple or black, then you have textures which are failing to load. Try putting Static Mesh Improvement Mod at the bottom of your load order. Make sure that USSEP is just below your DLC masters at the top.

Good luck! :)

Weird I just left a whole damn huge post and it's gone... :/
In the post I was explaining the missing texture problem and suggesting re-installation of SMIM but choose Custom Install when it asks you, and pick one by one the objects to be changed (that way you will also get to choose what barrel textures you want)

Also I was asking what did you do with skse and how did you install it? it's very important to solve that issue and not the barrels believe me. scripts can ruin your game if not working properly.

What version of skse are you using? If it is 2.0.10 i can offer you a solution
check you download folder it will say the version number

edit: if you can't find the version number just tell me if you had downloaded skse 5 days ago or earlier

Edited by zeknapain

What version of skse are you using? If it is 2.0.10 i can offer you a solution

check you download folder it will say the version number

edit: if you can't find the version number just tell me if you had downloaded skse 5 days ago or earlier

I think it was about 5 days ago. but I think it had .7 at the end? am I downloading from an old link?

Where's the optimal place to download from?

The official place is here https://skse.silverlock.org/
Now when skyrimSE updates then skse has to update too and so do the mods that use it..
The current 2.0.11 version is for the updated skyrim (4 days ago). There is an option on their page that says "archived builds" open it and click on the skse64 2.0.10 build and download it. then install it as instructed in the read me (don't launch the game yet!!)

step 1: Go to steam and right-click on skyrim SE, go to properties and on the second tab there are update options. You need to turn auto-updates off or this will always mess up your game. make it to update only when you launch the game (so since we launch from skse launcher and not the official it will never update :wink: ) It's very important that you do this first

step 2: type windows button+R on your keyboard then copy paste this in the search steam://nav/console and then on the bar that appears on the bottom of the steam window that opens copy paste this download_depot 489830 489833 4140371450004190946
wait for it to download then go to C:/program filesx64/steam/steamapps/content/app_489830 (it will be just 1 folder in there) and copy paste the SkyrimSE.exe from there into your skyrimSE folder (C:/program filesx64/steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition) replacing the .exe that is there.

Then take the skse loader.exe from there to your desktop and launch the game from there from now on (never from the original skyrim SE launcher !!!!! or we go back to square one)
You should be all set to play to your hearts desire :smile:

Edited by zeknapain