#bringbacknmm

CenQ93

Vortex has some good ideas(speaking general, not for me) but can't get near to NMM

I mean, annoying notification idea was very bad I got sick when I try to deal with the notifications

Building bridges around conflicted mods looks cool but NMM has overwriting system that make things easier. I'm not here to play bridge simulator nor mind games with this system. I'm just here to download a goddamn mod.

And downloading the mods, activating or disabling makes me cancer. I can do everything in one screen in NMM. going one page to look if the mod is downloaded yet, going another to activate it. trying to avoid the notifications cause its full of errors and other things.

Stopping the support of NMM is a bad move even if vortex in its first betas. I changed back to NMM and lost the mod list. I can blame vortex for everything.

I'm here to start a fight against the vortex.

#bringbacknmm

Vortex is not going anywhere. Nor is NMM anytime soon. NMM is still available for download from Nexus servers, you can still download mods through it, it links to Github from the Vortex install page where you can find the unofficially supported version of NMM, If you'd read documentation about Vortex, or posts on these forums, you would realize that the general consensus is that you should test Vortex on a guinea pig game, so to speak. A fresh install of a game you want to play, or another game concurrent to the one you mod with NMM. That way, if you had any issues, or just did not like it, you were not out of much. That being said, if you lost mods or your setup because you decided to install Vortex on your current game that was managed by NMM, it's your own fault. More so if you did not make any effort to backup your mods or load-order before doing so.

There was an informative post somewhere that explained why the way NMM handled mod conflicts was awful, and lead to all sorts of issues when overwriting and uninstalling mods; unfortunately I cannot find it.

Hey, can I join the cause? I want to fight against the sunset, and maybe the tides for crashing and receding back all the time. Who do they think they are? I shall take up my Decantus armor and await you by the shorelines. Ave Imperator Caligula!

Vortex has some good ideas(speaking general, not for me) but can't get near to NMM

I mean, annoying notification idea was very bad I got sick when I try to deal with the notifications

Building bridges around conflicted mods looks cool but NMM has overwriting system that make things easier. I'm not here to play bridge simulator nor mind games with this system. I'm just here to download a goddamn mod.

And downloading the mods, activating or disabling makes me cancer. I can do everything in one screen in NMM. going one page to look if the mod is downloaded yet, going another to activate it. trying to avoid the notifications cause its full of errors and other things.

Stopping the support of NMM is a bad move even if vortex in its first betas. I changed back to NMM and lost the mod list. I can blame vortex for everything.

I'm here to start a fight against the vortex.

#bringbacknmm

NMM's "overwriting" system doesn't make things easier, it forces you to have to uninstall and reinstall the mods that you overwrote in order to restore the files and 'try again" if you got it wrong the first time.

With Vortex (If you read the wiki, and watched the videos) deals with overwrites "virtually" so that if you overwrite the wrong files, it's simply a matter of changing their order, and Vortex restores the overwritten files and changes which files get overwrittten AUTOMATICALLY.

NMM also doesn't even notify you of file conflicts.

The thing is I was, (and like you are now), are stuck in the mindset of the old Mod Managers where your ESP load order had to be micro-managed, while you completely ignored the ordering of the BSAs, Textures and Meshes.

With Vortex you can completely forget about managing your load order of esps, because it's no longer necessary.

People who hate Vortex hate it because they tried it, didn't watch any of the videos, then fought against it because they were trying to force Vortex to do something that was unnecessary.

Vortex is by far superior to NMM, it has a learning curve, but once you get over that learning curve, it's the easiest and most hassle free mod manager out there.

I can mass download and mass install mods, and completely ignore the Conflict warnings until I get ALL of my mods downloaded and installed, then I can take up the task of fixing conflicts, which Vortex makes really easy to do, because once it warns you of a conflict, all you have to do is click on SHOW, and it automatically filters you mod list and only shows the mods (BSA, Textures, Meshes, not Plugins/ESPS) that are conflicting, then it's up to you to pick which textures you want to overwrite from another mod by making that mod LOAD AFTER the other Mod.

If you accidentally overwrite the wrong ones, all you have to do is tell that mod to LOAD BEFORE the other mod, and Vortex restores the overwritten files and swaps them.

Something that NMM can't do, unless you completely uninstall the mods and then reinstall them.

If you're getting cyclic references, then you're trying to force Vortex to sort your ESPS in the wrong order.

Like I said in my "Think differently when using Vortex" thread, when using Vortex you have to let go of the idea of managing your ESP load order because it's unnecessary in vortex, and it allows you to manage the sorting of the important things such as Meshes, and Textures.

Guest deleted34304850

don't give idiots attention. just ignore and move on.

he's here for a fight - he lacks the intellect to fight his way out of a wet paper bag.