help frosty mod manager

arno64160

Hello, I don't know why there's not any topic about this so I am making one.

I discovered that Frosty Mod Manager makes NFS Payback not running... I don't know how but that's it you know...

Even without mods the game won't launch properly (I mean black screen and ctd or whatever thing I saw) ...

Please help... I'm sure that other people have this problem with their game

Arno64160

• 1 year later...

Hello, I don't know why there's not any topic about this so I am making one.

I discovered that Frosty Mod Manager makes NFS Payback not running... I don't know how but that's it you know...

Even without mods the game won't launch properly (I mean black screen and ctd or whatever thing I saw) ...

Please help... I'm sure that other people have this problem with their game

Arno64160

bump

I have too this problem! and I haven't found any solution...

• 2 years later...

This is the problem with ALL the mods for a game being dependent on one particular piece of software. Frosty inexplicably quits working and there is no alternative at all. Nobody has any idea how to make mods for Payback without it, so now what? I have to play the game without them? No thanks. I'm spoiled now and have no interest in doing the whole game the hard way. The Frosty team has absolutely no idea what happened or why it happened or, more importantly, how to fix it. I was running it on Windows 10 Ameliorated Edition with zero issues but now on Windows 10 Superlite (Ghost Spectre) Frosty won't execute the game. I don't honestly know if this is the reason it no longer works, but it is my assumption because its the only change to occur since playing Payback last. My only option, as I see it, is to reformat/reinstall Win 10 AME and build a savegame that I can (maybe) live with and then re-reinstall Superlite. (Superlite runs a lot better than AME - it turns out that tearing a bunch of crap out of Windows forcibly by the roots doesn't improve performance...who knew?) That's a big pain in the butt and I just don't want to do all that especially because it doesn't guarantee success. If Frosty was a better piece of software that would really work out better, unfortunately we live in a world where Frosty was poorly written.

• 2 months later...

As far as i can tell, Frosty does not work with Windows 10. At least for NFS - Payback. I've even tried Windows 10 "Anniversary Edition". Frosty won't even launch the game without mods, so for this game it's broken at a fundamental level. I'd be very interested in developing mods for this game independent of the broken POS (Frosty Mod Manager), but I don't know where to start.