So... why is updating from Vortex not a thing?

Deamonofoak

See title.

It just seems odd to me that as shiny a platform as Vortex is, that it doesn't allow you to actually just update from the program itself, instead requiring you to open the web browser and update from there. I get that auto-updating isn't quite as desirable as some mods have multiple optional files, but updating manually from the program would be quite convenient, I think.

See title.

It just seems odd to me that as shiny a platform as Vortex is, that it doesn't allow you to actually just update from the program itself, instead requiring you to open the web browser and update from there. I get that auto-updating isn't quite as desirable as some mods have multiple optional files, but updating manually from the program would be quite convenient, I think.

That might be planned for future updates

See title.

Now that's something to look forward to!

See title.

Yup, I'm also hoping for a "tagging" feature, where you can, tag mods on your phone, that then get sent to Vortex at home, so when you get home, you can start the downloads of the mods that you tagged earlier at work.

Premium Members can already do this by clicking the little cloud/download icon next to the version number on any mods that have been updated. It will start the download automatically, and then prompt for what you would like to do with the update once downloaded.

I do not know whether we'll ever release it as a feature for non-paying users, as the functionality circumvents the use of the site, which is what pays for everything.

See title.

How about mod synchronization between devices?