A bad first impression, help mee (DAO) (VORTEX)

Luki0258

Hello, its my first time using this ''Vortex'' and i already f*#@ed up everything, i download some mods for Dragon Age origins and when i clicked to deploy then, i got an error,couldnt figured out why so i just went to play , and when i tried to load my save this incredible mod app had dissapeared with all my dlcs and now i cant load my save cause of that, it requires all of them to load, anyone knows what to do now ??? an alternative could be downlaod the game again and keep my save but my internet is really bad and i would need to wait a LOT, thank you

Guest deleted34304850

as bad first impressions go, you've done a grand job, but i know that you can raise your standings from here.

tell me, did you make a backup before you decided to ruin your game?

if so, simply restore from the back up and you will be good.

if you didn't then that bad first impression we've got of you may get a tad worse.

@ Luki0258 .... did you read instructions about how to install and setup Vortex before dealing with ? If not, that is the reason of your first bad impression. Back in school, what happened if you did not study for your test ?

I use Vortex for most of my games. But TBH, I still use DAO-Mod Manager https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/277 instead of Vortex for DAO. I don't think Vortex supports override creation, for example.

I can offer you little help - what I will say is other than having it "OUR WAY OR THE HIGH WAY" shoved down your throat with Vortex + the fact that your likely to have a few minor disasters to complete planet destroying meteors during your first experiences and life with it - it actually turns out to be a pretty good piece of software, and whilst I got a lot of help from Thuggysmurf fixing my broken game, Vortex has played it's part too - without question......

My advice - back EVERYTHING UP - sorry maybe a bit late for you - DEPLOY after every change - and ensure that after the changes it says are made are actually made - treat it like a toddler with a firework (Vortex = Child, Firework = Your Game) - bad analagy but about perfect at the same time - I suffered horribly for the first week of use, until I examined everything it did and why it was doing it - there is a degree of interpretation within some of the tools and the human mind - master that and it's a damn good piece of software and will be great when done.

My only real complaint - and I could be outta order - I do feel that some of the feedback given is treated as criticism when that's not what it was supposed to be...........

Anyway - it's a bit complex in my opinion to be THE basic community tool - I mean if I hadn't had years of experience with NMM and MO2, I'd of ran for the hills and asked for a console for Xmas - but hey ho - I do love it now though to be honest....