Just a few ENB questions

Teytame

Hello guys.

Just remoded my entire game and decided to give ENB a try, so it's my 1st experience with this kind of mod.

Installed Rudy ENB, was sitting on it the entire night and of course managed to screw something up...

It's actually 2 somethings at very least.

enb-out-02.jpg

First something - the blur is too thick and too close, makes it impossible to play in 3rd person view. It's great for taking headshots but I'd like to be able to shoot something from a distance and with a bow.

Second - those black borders should not be there, I checked both settings to force them off to = true (if I understood it correctly)

Also I just discovered that I have 2 SkyrimPrefs.ini Files they both have different settings for some things that aren't mentioned in guides... I made adjustments to both that are set in guides, added missing lines as well, the rest is beyond me. I am very confused now...

My specs if needed:

OS = Windows 10 Pro

GC = NVIDIA GForce 1070

Can someone please help me resolve these issues?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Teytame

Also, perhaps someone can tell me why do I have multiple INIs and all of them missing lines required for adjusting ENB?

EXAMPLE:

I have 1 Skyrim.ini on C-drive, though I took great care not to install Skyrim or even Steam there, I have another Skyrim.ini in MO, same goes for any other INI and the weirdest part, some of them don't even match their doubles!

I assumed that they get installed on C regardless of Specified Location and MO makes a copy for itself, then why don't they match, I didn't touch them until now...

Can someone tell me please if I need all those copies and if NO which should I keep?

Ya should have one in your documents and mod organizer makes one somewhere. The one in your documents will be on C drive if that is where windows your playing on is installed. I'm not familiar with MO so I would modify the one in you have in your documents/games/Skyrim folder. There are also skyrimprefs.ini files as well as enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini in your skyrim folder (Where Skyrim is installed)

To get rid of the depth of field blur:
set EnableDepthOfField=false in your enbseries.ini (Just change true to false and save).
Then start a game and while playing press the tilde key ~
Type in EnablePrePass false and hit enter
Hit tilde key again and exit. Should be fixed.
To get rid of the black bars:
Go into your Skyrim game filder (where your date files are) and open the enbseries folder. Then open effect.txt
Find these entries and change them to:
Enable Letterbox Bar=false
Letterbox Bar - Height=0
Edited by Valkyrie

• 2 weeks later...

Ya should have one in your documents and mod organizer makes one somewhere. The one in your documents will be on C drive if that is where windows your playing on is installed. I'm not familiar with MO so I would modify the one in you have in your documents/games/Skyrim folder. There are also skyrimprefs.ini files as well as enblocal.ini and enbseries.ini in your skyrim folder (Where Skyrim is installed)

To get rid of the depth of field blur:
set EnableDepthOfField=false in your enbseries.ini (Just change true to false and save).
Then start a game and while playing press the tilde key ~
Type in EnablePrePass false and hit enter
Hit tilde key again and exit. Should be fixed.
To get rid of the black bars:
Go into your Skyrim game filder (where your date files are) and open the enbseries folder. Then open effect.txt
Find these entries and change them to:
Enable Letterbox Bar=false

Letterbox Bar - Height=0

Eventually I ended up with 6 SkyrimPref.INIs, that's besides and I am not counting shortcuts, that my search seems to be multiplying as well... There were probably 4, but my windows seem to like showing them from different angles or something...

Well, after another attempt at another ENB, I managed to break Steam. I've no idea how, but I seem to grow very efficient at breaking things. But it was actually a good thing, now all the files are neat and clean and I can start messing them up from the start.

Thank you very much for your answer, it will definitely come to use in foreseeable future.