plugins not showing of installed mods

LionsHunter2

I dont mean to hijack the post or anything, but the thread is fresh and this is highly relevant...

I understand that some mods are just replacers and dont act as plugins.... But for my skyrim enhanced, im using a mod called Immersive Horses that unfortunately has a plugin which gives 2k horse textures, and there is no option to NOT take these textures.

This is bad for me, because I also want to use HD horses reworked which gives 4k horse textures, but does not have a plugin file, and does not report mod conflict in vortex, and so I cannot physically set any load order rules, and thus the immersive horses low-res overwrites my horse textures...

OP may also have a similar issue if the mod he wants has no plugin but is being overwritten by one with a plugin

Edit: I think, in my case, I may be able to manually delete all horse textures and manually install the horse textures I want, But I REALLY dont like manually installing things due to unforseen results. I am not sure if the OP fix would be as simple either because of the mods he use may use scripts not just easy-to-overwrite textures

Edited by butcherbrutus

Your issue has nothing to do with whether a mod has a plugin or not. In your case, there are no horse texture conflicts showing because there are no texture conflicts. Tthe horse texture DDS's in the two mods are two distinct texture sets with different names. The 4K textures in "HD Reworked Horses" overwrite vanilla textures. They do not overwrite the textures for custom horses found in "Immersive Horses." If you click on "Preview file contents" for each mod, you'll see the difference.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

• 9 months later...

Ok, so no one knows how to enable/disable VIEWING the plugin lists in Vortex?

Sometimes you have to disable installed plugins for TESTING whether or not it's causing the crash.

IT DEPENDS ON THE GAME.

You've Hijacked two threads (so far) asking this question, without Mentioning the Game you're playing/modding

A friend of mine is having the same issue with Skyrim Special Edition; We each installed a handful of mods one by one, and enabled them all, but while mine has all the .ESPs and .ESMs from mod files, his does not. I personally verified they were installed properly on his client. His Mod Path is G:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse (The recommended folder for hardlink deployment). Auto-Deployment was enabled and manual deployment was not effecting any change.

After closing the program and running it as Admin (I know it says not to, but it clearly wasn't working, and I had a hunch), Vortex now mentioned that Deployment was necessary, and upon deploying, the plugins now showed up. This seemed to resolve the issue.

I know that my computer is running a lower UAC level than his, so it may have had something to do with that. Either way, that seemed to work for me. I hope it helps anyone else who is experiencing the issue.

A friend of mine is having the same issue with Skyrim Special Edition; We each installed a handful of mods one by one, and enabled them all, but while mine has all the .ESPs and .ESMs from mod files, his does not. I personally verified they were installed properly on his client. His Mod Path is G:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse (The recommended folder for hardlink deployment). Auto-Deployment was enabled and manual deployment was not effecting any change.

After closing the program and running it as Admin (I know it says not to, but it clearly wasn't working, and I had a hunch), Vortex now mentioned that Deployment was necessary, and upon deploying, the plugins now showed up. This seemed to resolve the issue.

I know that my computer is running a lower UAC level than his, so it may have had something to do with that. Either way, that seemed to work for me. I hope it helps anyone else who is experiencing the issue.

This worked for me! Thank youuuuuuuuu

• 6 months later...

I have a pluggin running i can't find. I screwed up making a patch in FO4Edit and now it is running but doesn't show up in the list. and it should. How do i find it and turn it off. FO4Edit doesn't see it nor vortex but its there. i have even cleared out my game Data directory to make sure only the mods I need are there. but Vortex still shows 1 extra mod then I should have.

• 2 months later...

Really late to the party but I need lots of help I am having the issue I only installed like 8 mods and none of them are in my plugins list and some of them are lighting and texture mods but two of them are mods that add in items they and all of my other mods are not working even though it says everything is fine