Vortex hidden(?) files refer to old Skyrim SKSE with new Special Edition

vandee

Hi

I have a peculiar problem with Vortex now:

Newest SKSE64 2.0.12 is loaded and installed to clean Skyrim SE, the game starts ok vanilla and with vanilla early intro pass save file when the SKSE is started STRAIGHT FROM THE LOADER FILE in Skyrim SE folder.

When I try to start Skyrim SKSE64 from Vortex, the game states that I am trying to load a file without DLCs Dragonborn, Heathfire etc. WTF?

I have checked and double checked that the new SKSE file affiliation is correct in Vortex tools but cannot start the game there. For some reason my Vortex seems to think that I am running Skyrim SE with old SKSE version..

I have also uninstalled Vortex and reinstalled it but Vortex loads my modlists and tools from somewhere.. No mods are installed currently except the save file and SKSE64. (I have installed SKSE64 as a mod but also manually into SkyrimSE folder.

(pesky FNIS.ini does not stay uninstalled for some reason, I think the fault could be there too but cannot find a way to uninstall it?)

What are the hidden Vortex files that apparently have wrong affiliation? I see that they must be in Vortex folder but there also the affiliation to SKSE54 is correct.

Do I need to hard delete all SE Nexus mod files and delete Vortex account also? I already deleted my Skyrim folder from Vortex completely.

Previous wrong affiliation might be because I had vanilla Skyrim running with Vortex earlier. Vanilla Skyrim is not installed in my PC anymore nor are any mods around. I already deleted my Skyrim folder from Vortex completely.

I use Vortex only with Skyrims.

Vanilla Skyrim worked ok with Vortex and vanila SKSE in my PC.

I'm totally puzzled.

Thanks is advance.

Edited by vandee

Do your TARGET and START IN look similiar to this (Change them to match yours)

TARGET - D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe

START IN - D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\

Did you also click the three vertical dots and pick MAKE PRIMARY? (ignore the red box, I put it there for something else)

Vortex-Edit-Tool.jpg

(pesky FNIS.ini does not stay uninstalled for some reason, I think the fault could be there too but cannot find a way to uninstall it?)

Stay uninstalled? FNIS.ini should never be "installed", so how should Vortex know about it?

If you follow the FNIS instructions, YOU have to create FNIS.ini yourself inside of Skyrim/Data. Away from all mod manager activities.

Stay uninstalled? FNIS.ini should never be "installed", so how should Vortex know about it?

If you follow the FNIS instructions, YOU have to create FNIS.ini yourself inside of Skyrim/Data. Away from all mod manager activities.

There's a Vortex mod that creates the ini automatically. Normally yes, you have to create it yourself.

SKSE now works, after reinstalling couple of times manually. I have no idea why the versions got fu but it's corrected now. Possibly misclicked the wrong Skyrim version in downloads folder first time around, they were just like one number apart.