Miserith Hall a Player Home in The Reach. [wip]

TheWanderer001

Version 0.08.201 has the first 3 upgrade options.

[Download link]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gs4us6d7v7sznhe/TWFort08201.7z?dl=0

I'm looking to create a player home in The Reach... possible a type of fort (because I like forts) with a largish court area in front... like most forts.

But being late to the party as usual all the good spots have already been taken by popular house mods... or have they ?

Do you know of a suitable spot not yet taken ?

I found a nice spot just outside of the Reach but... I want to include Forsworn as part of the story... so not really ideal.

In case anyone is interested... yes Candhela my follower is finished as far as I intend to take her for now...

She is going to make a come back in this new house mod though :smile:

With her own unique character and back story.

If anyone is interested in helping with this mod in any capacity, interiors, exteriors, story plot (I do already have a rough outline) , scripts, ideas, voice acting (eventually), or anything else that might be useful :smile:

Then please PM me for access to my own mod development site.

Edited by The-Wanderer

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've found a plot to build on not far from Markarth. You may recognise the bridges and waterfalls :smile:

All I've done is drop a couple of towers and a gate in to game to see if it feels like it will work. So a lot still to build...

c73yxb3.jpg

Edited by The-Wanderer

I myself have spent months working on a very large player home and am still nowhere near done, like you I was a late arrival to the party and I had the same issue you have had. To combat this issue something I have done is create a new world space to locate the home within. My home is accessable through a boat at the solitude docks, but I am also thinking of adding a cave entry. This brings me to my suggestion for you. You could locate a suitable cliff or even an already completed cave system within the CK, add a little Load Door, then link that to a new world space to where you could locate your player home. This way it is still within the Reach and you can have the Forsworn within the story of the home, but without having to find a large enough spot for you build your Fort.

I myself have spent months working on a very large player home and am still nowhere near done, like you I was a late arrival to the party and I had the same issue you have had. To combat this issue something I have done is create a new world space to locate the home within. My home is accessable through a boat at the solitude docks, but I am also thinking of adding a cave entry. This brings me to my suggestion for you. You could locate a suitable cliff or even an already completed cave system within the CK, add a little Load Door, then link that to a new world space to where you could locate your player home. This way it is still within the Reach and you can have the Forsworn within the story of the home, but without having to find a large enough spot for you build your For

That is something I have given some thought too... I have found a plot to build on against a cliff with enough space for what I want as a courtyard in front and will then have the Fort interior basically inside the mountain... for me I think that will solve my location problem :)

Based on some of the other forts in game, specifically the Forsworn-held fort, on the road between Whiterun and the Reach, that seems lore friendly as well. If I recall correctly, only the front and maybe a bit of corner are visible outside the cliff, from the road. Where the cliff tapers back, higher up, is where the towers went. That particular one had no courtyard space, but it still supports your idea well.