Vortex is busted?

Spydraxis

@sopmac45

@HadToRegister

All hail, O comrades in arms! :smile:

I would like to think that people would read our stories and then exercise due caution when undertaking Vortex (or any other new mod manager for that matter). That's what I'd like to think . . . (wistful sigh).

@sopmac45

@HadToRegister

All hail, O comrades in arms! :smile:

I would like to think that people would read our stories and then exercise due caution when undertaking Vortex (or any other new mod manager for that matter). That's what I'd like to think . . . (wistful sigh).

Same to you Augusta .... and my wishes are the same.

I think I posted once that if every new user would be able to get in the habit to read these threads, they will learn not just about Vortex, but about too many things that surround Vortex and are important as well, like how to manage directories, path, folders, anti-virus issues, etc, etc, ..... I have been learning a lot from you guys ( from you Augusta, HadToRegister, Grestorn, 1aeb0be8 - I guess it is - rmm20, Tannin, etc, etc, ) and I appreciate everything you have said personally to me or the community because I am learning tons of things from you.

I do not need to Google anything because you have become my Google ... lol ... :laugh: .... thanks so much !! :thumbsup:

I wonder how many people that are new to modding have been put off but having to learn an over complicated tool instead of the basic rules and process to add mods manually. I too fear this tool itself will put new people off and gradually depress numbers of modders. A lot of accomplished modders have transitioned well it seems. But anything that automates something effectively should save you time. This is taking too much effort and has too many quirks. I still need manual knowledge so what is the point? I am not seeing the value add here. In fact it gets in the way somewhat. I really do not like the UI so far.

Guest deleted34304850

thing is though, vortex isn't over complicated. it does what it does and it does it well. the ui is different to nmm/mo2, and thats the learning curve - the ui. everything else is easy.

as for user data, yes, every piece of user data in your pc is taken, decrypted and posted up on the dark web for people to steal. especially credit card numbers because as we all know, they are essential to every mod out there.

clown.

I wonder how many people that are new to modding have been put off but having to learn an over complicated tool instead of the basic rules and process to add mods manually. I too fear this tool itself will put new people off and gradually depress numbers of modders. A lot of accomplished modders have transitioned well it seems. But anything that automates something effectively should save you time. This is taking too much effort and has too many quirks. I still need manual knowledge so what is the point? I am not seeing the value add here. In fact it gets in the way somewhat. I really do not like the UI so far.

What Vortex automates is load order, which saves the gamer a significant amount of time. What Vortex does not automate is file conflict resolution. In fact, no mod manager does that. Many critics of Vortex confuse the two, thus displaying their ignorance of some modding fundamentals.

In fact, Vortex is easier than people think that if I post again what are the 3 steps you need to do to make it work, you won't believe it but I won't post it again since people does not care about reading anyway, so why should I bother ?

There are two kind of people in this world : doers and talkers.

Guest deleted34304850

I really do not like the UI so far.

then you can easily customise it to your liking by cloning the css file and making it look like how you want it to look. really, if that's the best critique you can offer, then don't bother.