SKSE64 not working on Skyrim SE

Hermit835

don't delete the plugins folder. settings for installed mods are there e.g. simply knock

i can start the game if i launch it with the steam app closed. i can load any save game and i get errors from the mods that use skse64 that they are not working because skse64 isn't installed. if i exit and launch skse64 loader again, it crashes before the bethesda logo

nothing you said works

• 7 months later...

possible fix to everyone else getting the crash before the bethesda logo, a new install of skse aint gonna help ya, your problem is in your skyrim directory. Find the folder called SKSE, in it you will likely find another folder called Plugins, delete the SKSE folder. I don't know what it was doing there, because reinstalling SKSE doesn't cause this folder to appear, i think i may have accidentally installed or tried to install SKSE through Vortex with the rest of my .Zip and .rar and .7z files that were in my manual mods installation folder. Either that, or it was put there by one of the mods I was intending to use. If I find out what exactly was doing this, I'll post an edit. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Thank very very much, my good sir. This solution was simple and very effective.

I spent three days trying to figure out what was wrong and thank god for your post :D

Edited by Kingkong321kokoko